Here's How YOU Can Help Find a Cure for COVID-19!

jakkuh_t

Well I thought Folding was working a few days ago as my PC showed all 8 cores @ 100% for at least a couple of hours but when I checked it the cores were back down to about 4% and the https://client.foldingathome.org/ website still showed "Loading..." no points or anything so I'm guessing either something is amiss or, since I don't have a GPU in this PC and am just using the CPU for video output, they are just concentrating on those that have a powerful GPUs.  Is there something I should check or just move on to a site that can use CPU cores?

7 hours ago, Boyce1 said:

Well I thought Folding was working a few days ago as my PC showed all 8 cores @ 100% for at least a couple of hours but when I checked it the cores were back down to about 4% and the https://client.foldingathome.org/ website still showed "Loading..." no points or anything so I'm guessing either something is amiss or, since I don't have a GPU in this PC and am just using the CPU for video output, they are just concentrating on those that have a powerful GPUs.  Is there something I should check or just move on to a site that can use CPU cores?

AFAIK, there's a limited amount of work units. Try Rosetta @ home on BOINC alongside F@H.

I've made my own team called Satan, if you'd like to join. boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/team_display.php?teamid=19414

Mine has defaulted to project #13870, which is nothing to do with COVID-19.

I only want to run this software to help toward that effort.

Anyone know how I can switch it?

eb_fah-13870-1.png.39d29692a5264f4a110c62e89922a4d4.png

You can't. It gives out covid WUs in priority if there are any to work on, if not you'll get some for other projects. There are so many people helping that there are more processing clients than there is capacity to produce covid units to them.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

On 3/25/2020 at 11:10 AM, Boyce1 said:

yeah, I got the same thing on my folding@home. There are people who are kind told me to use the Rosetta@home, it will use 100% of your cpu, but minimum GPU. However, all the works that are the Rosetta@home are coronavirus projects which is kind of good though.

Question: For the more advanced F@H users.

There are ways to earn money through F@H, by joining for example Team CureCoin. Your F@H points go to them, and they pay you in a CureCoin Cryptocurrency.

Does LTT have this too? Because if LTT doesn't, i ain't going to switch to LTT. 

2 hours ago, TVA Recordings said:

Question: For the more advanced F@H users.

There are ways to earn money through F@H, by joining for example Team CureCoin. Your F@H points go to them, and they pay you in a CureCoin Cryptocurrency.

Does LTT have this too? Because if LTT doesn't, i ain't going to switch to LTT. 

No. LinusTechTips does not pay you to fold for them. Everyone who folds for the LinusTechTips team are doing it to help a good cause and participate as part of the LTT team.

If you want to fold for CureCoin, or any other team, then that's fine too as you are still providing your computing resources to help the project.

If you sign up for the EVGA team and on their website you can also earn credits to put towards vouchers that can be used on the EVGA store.

We'd obviously love to have people folding for the LTT team, but folding for any team is better than not folding at all.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm almost done building a new computer and everything is working fine but I hadn't been planning on using a video card as the CPU has graphics and was just going to get a cheap 4K TV to use as a monitor but I've decided to limp along with my old PC and use the new one exclusively for Folding until the Covid-19 virus thing gets solved.  I've been folding just using the GPU but not getting many WUs.  I decided I'll just spend the money for the TV on a video card.  I'm retired but can spend about $300 and maybe go up to $400 if there is a decent bump in Folding.  I'm kind of leery about buying a used or "self-refurbished" card on ePray but otherwise open to any suggestions.

I have an 8700K (which I wasn't intending to purchase but when the sales came up I couldn't find an 8700).  It's been hitting up to the low 90sC at 100% when Folding so I just got an industrial Noctua fan to possibly get the temps own a bit that I'll install in the next day or two.  It has 32G of ram (I keep way too many tabs open in multiple instances of Chrome...).

So any suggestions for a card or recommended sellers would be greatly appreciated however, I'm not really a gamer so basically only interested the Folding performance!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

just here to check how things work...new to this platform...can anyone help me out?