Resolution upgrade worth it? To compromise or to not comprose

Leiker535

Hello, I currently have a UW 34" FHD Monitor (LG 34UC79G-B). Way back when I bought this monitor 2K was already a thing, but I figured I wouldn't be able to play anything in 144hz using that res. so it was meaningless to spend the extra buck going to UWQHD, and I still think I'm right on this account.

However, since I've bought a 4k HDR10 TV for more casual 3rd person gaming, I've really felt the lack of pixel density and resolution. Nonetheless, UWQHD is still a very expensive niche, specially here in Brazil, and so, to upgrade my resolution, I'd have to leave the Ultrawide fandom and opt for a 32" or even 27" QHD display. Question is, is it really worth it? Have any of you done this and regreted it? I ponder this considering these options that are avaible:

MSI's Optix-MAG321CURV, a 31.5" Curved, 4k HDR Ready (300 nits): https://www.msi.com/Monitor/Optix-MAG321CURV/Overview
LG's 32UK550, a 31.5" 4K HDR10 (also 300 nits), Freesync Display: https://www.displayninja.com/lg-32uk550-review/
Asus' Strix 32" XG32VQ, a QHD, 144hz Freesync Display: https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-Strix-XG32VQ/

All of them are VA, the Asus is a tad more expensive, probably because it has g4m3r and 144hz all over it. Also, over this, I never got to fully enjoy 144hz even at FHD, as I don't often play competitive games so it wouldn't be a problem leaving it off. Over HDR, also haven't really seen a good HDR display: my current TV is Samsungs "HDR Premium" and its windows presentation is just a gray mess without contrast, in console-gaming wise I like it but I think that its budget nature keeps it from being extraordinary.

My main drives are a Radeon Vega 64 and a AMD Ryzen 5 3600; on my main monitor I mainly play Single-player FPS, Total War and Paradoxes Grand Strategy Games.

Thank you for the support.

I would go for 27 1440p 4k is very hard to drive and the diffrence between 1440p and 4k is not that big at 27 and your right 95% of the HDR Monitors are not really hdr they just put that sticker on there to sell it for more :D ^^ 

1 minute ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

I would go for 27 1440p 4k is very hard to drive and the diffrence between 1440p and 4k is not that big at 27 and your right 95% of the HDR Monitors are not really hdr they just put that sticker on there to sell it for more :D ^^ 

Yes, thank you for the input. I forgot to mention that, I wouldn't be playing in 4k as I don't really see that much of a difference even at 40"

Just now, Leiker535 said:

Yes, thank you for the input. I forgot to mention that, I wouldn't be playing in 4k as I don't really see that much of a difference even at 40"

U cant run a 4k Monitor at 1440p for gaming cause that will looks like ass ^^ (maybe if the game has a render scale) Most tvs handel that way better then a pc Monitor cause they can upscale alot better i have the same Prob with my x27p i am not the biggest fan of 4k gaming even my 2080super cant really push games above 60 even if i go for mid/high settings and if i start dropping res it all looks like shit :D