Go to solution Solved by ashah5238,

Personally, I would go for the CPU and Mobo upgrade. The current motherboard is pretty barebones and not really taking the full potential of your 7700. One issue you might run into is the Corsair cooler compatibility if it is the older version of the H60. The new RGB ones are AM4 but it is the old black one, it most likely doesn't have the bracket. I think the 1060 is okay for now but may show its age in a few years. If you are just playing at 1080p, you should be okay for med-high 60fps. 

Greetings, I have a question about upgrading my computer.

My specifications are below, I was wondering- should I upgrade my i7-7700 (non k) to an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 ( I can easily overclock it with MSI Afterburner instead of paying the extra $30+ and also buy the B450-F from ASUS ROG Strix, or should I upgrade my GTX 1060 3GB to a Asus ROG Strix 2060 Super?

- To clarify, recently my motherboard hasn’t been identifying my Ethernet due to a Realtek issue where I cannot download the network Ethernet controller so motherboard needs to be changed anyway I’m pretty sure. (Error says deep sleep mode or something.)

SPECS:

I’m currently rocking a pc with:

Intel i7-7700 (Non overclockable 4 core)

Asus Phoenix Fan - GTX 1060 3gb 

Motherboard: H110-Plus

Ram: Adata 16GB RAM

PSU: offbrand 500 watts

- I have a H60 Corsair Liquid Cooler

(this is my first pc, bought a prebuilt in 2017 in regret) - iBuypower Trace 930

Thank you!

Personally, I would go for the CPU and Mobo upgrade. The current motherboard is pretty barebones and not really taking the full potential of your 7700. One issue you might run into is the Corsair cooler compatibility if it is the older version of the H60. The new RGB ones are AM4 but it is the old black one, it most likely doesn't have the bracket. I think the 1060 is okay for now but may show its age in a few years. If you are just playing at 1080p, you should be okay for med-high 60fps. 

10 minutes ago, Swifx said:
should I upgrade my i7-7700 (non k) to an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 ( I can easily overclock it with MSI Afterburner instead of paying the extra $30+ and also buy the B450-F from ASUS ROG Strix, or should I upgrade my GTX 1060 3GB to a Asus ROG Strix 2060 Super?

If you need the upgrade, go for it. Can you even overclock a CPU with Afterburner? I recall that only allowing for overclocking GPUs.

You'll get more mileage out of a Ryzen upgrade than a GPU upgrade. Make sure you sysprep your Windows install and tie your product key to your Microsoft account before changing motherboards, though.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Would upgrade the psu 500w if u upgrade wont be enough, and u dont overclock a cpu with msi after burner, but gpu def needs a upgrade but the cpu should be fine for 2 years maybe

I live in the land down under and not afraid of a kangaroo

Gold rainbow six player going to yeet on ur bitch 

Spoiler

Intel pentium g4560 

msi z170m mortor 

12gb ddr4 2400mhz (oc to 2666mhz)

1tb hard drive

gtx 750 ti 

some game max psu 500w 80+ 

5 minutes ago, ashah5238 said:

The gpu is not ok for now, 3gb its a bottle neck to the i7 i think. also if u have have the h60 check if u have the am4 cooler bracket if u go for ryzen other wise it would be useless unless u buy it online somewhere 

I live in the land down under and not afraid of a kangaroo

Gold rainbow six player going to yeet on ur bitch 

Spoiler

Intel pentium g4560 

msi z170m mortor 

12gb ddr4 2400mhz (oc to 2666mhz)

1tb hard drive

gtx 750 ti 

some game max psu 500w 80+ 

Thanks guys, yeah this issue where I can’t use my Ethernet with the motherboard is awful too, I think I’ll just save up for a 2060 super, thank you! :)

Will be buying the 3600 and then over clocking it with some other program and then also buying the Asus ROG strix B450-F.

On 2/23/2020 at 7:46 PM, ashah5238 said:

Yeah I usually like to game at 1080p, as my Asus VG278Q can support it too, thank you! Hopefully getting this next month. - the H60 did come with an AM4 bracket too.