Linux On Blackberry Keyone 2020?

Hey LTT community! I’ve missed you guys! (Don’t mind the first post, lost the email to my old account).

(TLDR; Will Linux work on blackberry after 2020???)

Call me old school, but I love the look and feel of blackberry phones with the physical keys and layout. However with blackberry going away, these once magnificent devices are quietly going into the dark, soon to be lost forever. Before that however, I still want one of these phones wether or not I get to even use the thing, they just feel that nice.

Upon looking into getting one of these before they are all gone, I was trying to find a way to see if they will still be operating after the 2020 year (when support ends), and I found a nice little post talking about booting a Linux OS onto a blackberry, which supposedly will run into 2021+ (this is to get updates and be secure as this is a business and banking only phone).

I wanted to see if there are any blackberry wizards out there that might know a thing or two as to what’s going to happen after 2020 for blackberry (if it will still work or nah), and if this Linux distro on a blackberry really works as a way around the blackberry support shutting off, (maybe this will then hopefully operate more secure in the end???)

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ALL YOUR KNOWLEDGE!

Meh! In your shoes I would get the latest Samsung phone and add a "keyboard case" accessory. It's not as streamline as a Blackberry. But the option is there... for the few people who actually want it.