R9 280X crashes when installing drivers

Smiffy_

Hey,

I'm trying to salvage an XFX R9 280X, when I install the drivers it flashes once and then just shows an active black screen and the PC is unresponsive. When I restart, it loads up Windows and even shows me the boot logo but then returns to the acrive black screen. I have to go into safe mode and remove the drivers so Windows returns to the Basic Display Adaptor. 

I have moved the GPU to a different fully functional machine but the same error occurs. I have replaced the thermal paste, flashed the GPU BIOS, installed older versions of the drivers to unfortunately to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Ryan.

4 minutes ago, Smiffy_ said:

Hey,

I'm trying to salvage an XFX R9 280X, when I install the drivers it flashes once and then just shows an active black screen and the PC is unresponsive. When I restart, it loads up Windows and even shows me the boot logo but then returns to the acrive black screen. I have to go into safe mode and remove the drivers so Windows returns to the Basic Display Adaptor. 

I have moved the GPU to a different fully functional machine but the same error occurs. I have replaced the thermal paste, flashed the GPU BIOS, installed older versions of the drivers to unfortunately to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Ryan.

When ALL ^^ THAT fails.

Youtube OVENBAKE GPU - watch multiple sources.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=oven+bake+gpu&sp=CAI%3D

I've done this to two GPUs and they were successful in returning from the dead,..many others have too.
FOLLOW Guidelines of disassembly and it may in fact come back for a period of time for a day ot months... who knows but it can work.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz