3600 and 2070S build ideas/suggestions.

ivanrcks95
5 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

but get the 3600 oem and a different cooler. the wrait max isn't much better

Than the wraith stealth? Close to 15-17deg cooler on average, thats a substantial difference, considering that in my case they cost the same. I was thinking of maybe an AIO, if cutting down on the PSU helps to save enough an AIO might be worth it here.

R7 5800X3D | XFX Merc 6900 XT Limited Black | 32gb 3200mhz CL16

4 minutes ago, ivanrcks95 said:

Than the wraith stealth? Close to 15-17deg cooler on average, thats a substantial difference, considering that in my case they cost the same. I was thinking of maybe an AIO, if cutting down on the PSU helps to save enough an AIO might be worth it here.

i'd look at the arctic freezer 34 esports duo

4 hours ago, ivanrcks95 said:

Ive learned the hard way that you can never had to many fans, the meshify c seems to be decent in airflow, but just in case adding two intake 140s and keeping the exhaust 120 should do the trick, and no, my dad couldnt care less what the finished PC looks like, hence why 99% of the components lack rgb and are just plain black.

Luke has an interesting video on airflow, which basically indicates that a front intake and rear exhaust is optimal. Adding additional shows rapidly diminishing returns (almost unnoticeable.)

With a superb airflow case like the Meshify C you shouldn't need additions. If you wasnt some anyway, the Meshify C includes two X2-GP12's. At their individual price, getting matching units doesn't look too shabby. 

1 hour ago, trevb0t said:

Luke has an interesting video on airflow, which basically indicates that a front intake and rear exhaust is optimal. Adding additional shows rapidly diminishing returns (almost unnoticeable.)

With a superb airflow case like the Meshify C you shouldn't need additions. If you wasnt some anyway, the Meshify C includes two X2-GP12's. At their individual price, getting matching units doesn't look too shabby. 

I guess ive just had a bad experience with poor airflow cases and dont like leaving anything to chance now. Ive seen that video, and i think 2 intake and 1 exhaust fan is a pretty normal standard these days, plus that $35 wont really help me anywhere else in the build, so wont hurt to have them.

R7 5800X3D | XFX Merc 6900 XT Limited Black | 32gb 3200mhz CL16

7 hours ago, ivanrcks95 said:

I guess ive just had a bad experience with poor airflow cases and dont like leaving anything to chance now. Ive seen that video, and i think 2 intake and 1 exhaust fan is a pretty normal standard these days, plus that $35 wont really help me anywhere else in the build, so wont hurt to have them.

$35 could put you pretty close to an eSports Duo or halfway to a Fuma 2... They move air really well.

On 2/17/2020 at 7:23 PM, ivanrcks95 said:

Right, yeah, just had a look, might look at a MSI 450 board with a few more features then, didnt realise the Aorus board was that much worse in power draw and cooling. Shame really, because the features it has for the price is top tier.

ryzen 5 2000/3000 series 65W/95W pair to entry level motherboard b450 80-150$ should be fine, no need x470  if you don't want extra feature. make sure "X" series combine with good vrm phase/good vrm heatsink mobo.