Gigabyte BIOS Update Version by Version?

Hey Everyone!
    I have a Gigabyte Aorus x470 Ultra Gaming motherboard. I bought it around the time it came out and i have never updated the bios (I have the F2). I have updated bios' before on intel systems but all with asus motherboards
Checking at the notes I read that i have to *Update Chipset Driver* which is easy and **install EC FW Update Tool** with which I'm not familiar with.
    After that it gets even more vague, from what i get you cannot install the latest bios version right away and i don't want to brick anything.

So, do i have to ***Update Version by Version*** but only to ones with the "required" note?
F2 --> F31 --> F50 (latest atm)

Can someone clarify this? Do i have to install any more versions in between?

It should tell you on the downloads page what the minimum BIOS is required. For my Aorus Pro I think it was F32 that 'MUST' be installed before you try to update beyond that.

Unless it states otherwise, you should be fine updating from your current to the F31 (if that's the minimum required) and then update to F50... No need to install any extra software, just stick the files on a USB stick, plug it in and hit DEL on post and you can use the built in Q-Flash.

Also worth checking if your board has the dual bios... which on gigabyte boards is a known issue... where it has a tendency to fall over and revert back to the backup bios.  So keep an eye on that as you'll only be updating one bios, not both.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

44 minutes ago, Anomnomnomaly said:

It should tell you on the downloads page what the minimum BIOS is required. For my Aorus Pro I think it was F32 that 'MUST' be installed before you try to update beyond that.

Unless it states otherwise, you should be fine updating from your current to the F31 (if that's the minimum required) and then update to F50... No need to install any extra software, just stick the files on a USB stick, plug it in and hit DEL on post and you can use the built in Q-Flash.

Also worth checking if your board has the dual bios... which on gigabyte boards is a known issue... where it has a tendency to fall over and revert back to the backup bios.  So keep an eye on that as you'll only be updating one bios, not both.

Yes, this seems to be the case. F31 is the minimum required to update further. The board has a dual bios that triggers on its own (unlike my old asus one that had a physical button for it) but people sometimes cant make it trigger. Thanks for the response, I'll wait a bit more to see if anyone else has experience with this board and then probably do it anyway!