AOC 24G2U + 5700XT = Memory clock stuck

jcpq

Greetings,

I have the AOC 24G2U 144Hz monitor and an AMD gpu (RX 5700), so when I set the refresh rate to 144Hz the memory no longer down clock (it's fine for 120Hz though). Using DisplayPort cable that came with the monitor.

I tried all 3 settings (CRU)  for LCD monitors, but only the 'Automatic - LCD standard' seems to let the gpu memory down clock. The problem is that as soon as I start a 3D game the monitor goes black and says 'Input No Support'. I have to blindly alt+F4 out of the game and select the DisplayPort as input again in order to gain back picture.

Is there anything I can do to make 144Hz work?

On 2/13/2020 at 3:29 PM, jcpq said:

Greetings,

I have the AOC 24G2U 144Hz monitor and an AMD gpu (RX 5700), so when I set the refresh rate to 144Hz the memory no longer down clock (it's fine for 120Hz though). Using DisplayPort cable that came with the monitor.

I tried all 3 settings (CRU)  for LCD monitors, but only the 'Automatic - LCD standard' seems to let the gpu memory down clock. The problem is that as soon as I start a 3D game the monitor goes black and says 'Input No Support'. I have to blindly alt+F4 out of the game and select the DisplayPort as input again in order to gain back picture.

Is there anything I can do to make 144Hz work?

I have the same setup. Sadly AMD say it's not a problem.I seriously don't understand why they can't create a driver that would accommodate different pixel clock or vertical blanking[this seems to be the culprit].Other people with 144hz monitors don't have this problem, since they have different default setting that come with monitor[lcd standard, or just higher vblanking/pixel clock]. AMD is happy to put a blame on cheap LCDs -you have to buy some expensive 500 dollar display to work with amd gpu properly. I guess i won't be buying AMD GPUs anymore and i encourage anyone who has problem with their GPUs to do the same. Thats the only way to make them learn.