Setup RAID in BIOS or create storage pool?

Nuck_Chorris

I just purchased two 860 EVO SSDs (2.5", 1TB) and want to set them up in RAID 0 for games, etc. I know I can create a storage pool within Windows, but I'm wondering if the drives would perform better in RAID 0 setup through my MoBo BIOS (Auorus Z390 Master). Can someone let me know what the best method is in terms of performance? 

Storage spaces in windows is normally the better options. Performance should be about the same, but storage spaces normally just has less issues. For peformance make sure to set number of collumns to 2

Also Really try to get one 2tb ssd if you can. Id return those drives if you can.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Storage spaces in windows is normally the better options. Performance should be about the same, but storage spaces normally just has less issues. For peformance make sure to set number of collumns to 2

Also Really try to get one 2tb ssd if you can. Id return those drives if you can.

How would I go about setting the number of columns to 2? Is that within Windows or the BIOS?

2 minutes ago, Nuck_Chorris said:

How would I go about setting the number of columns to 2? Is that within Windows or the BIOS?

Its one of the options when making a virtual disk in storage spaces.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

Its one of the options when making a virtual disk in storage spaces.

Hmm, didn't see that option when I went through the setup process. It asked me if I wanted a simple, mirror, etc. and I went with simple. Should I delete/format and try again?

6 minutes ago, Nuck_Chorris said:

Hmm, didn't see that option when I went through the setup process. It asked me if I wanted a simple, mirror, etc. and I went with simple. Should I delete/format and try again?

Its a option in powershell, I don't think its in the gui.

Try doing it in powershell.