Audio switcher

noah_tasker
Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

You can use a splitter to plug both your laptop and phone into the line in port on your PC, then enable audio playback in the windows sound settings.

Now you can plug your headphones into the front of your PC and the speakers into the back and hear things from all 3 devices.

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a product that I could plug my 3.5mm from my laptop, desktop and phone into and then have 2 outputs? So one output can go to my speakers and another to my headphones. I'm thinking it's basically like a HDMI switcher but for 3.5mm jacks. In my 10 minute google search I found someone mentioning they made an arduino do it, but gave no more information on that or possible products to fix my problem.

Thank you 

You can use a splitter to plug both your laptop and phone into the line in port on your PC, then enable audio playback in the windows sound settings.

Now you can plug your headphones into the front of your PC and the speakers into the back and hear things from all 3 devices.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

5 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Dang thats smart, didn't even think of that. Thank you so much