Type C port broken on laptop

Louja

So recently I had some family over for the holidays and I remember seeing one of them drop my laptop. So just recently I decided to have a look and see what damage there is.

I found that my USB type C port has been broken completely off from the MoBo. Is this an easy fix/replacement or should I just forget about it and move on.

Laptop is a Acer Nitro 5, 8300h

The port has the following markers/label: Lotes 1813

MVIMG_20200128_075144.jpg

Those are usually soldered on. Do you have enough experience in soldering small electronics? Then yes. If not, Better to not try

I figured it might be a soldering problem solver, which I have zero experience with. Guess ill just have a new air vent.

5 minutes ago, Louja said:

Is this an easy fix/replacement or should I just forget about it and move on

Oof. That looks like it would've ripped some of the traces on the mobo with it and in that case it definitely isn't an easy fix.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

You would need someone with the soldering experience of the guys from Louis Rossmann's shop to do a good job with that, if you got anyone like that in the area you live in, it might not be that difficult to get fixed, otherwise I'd just live with it.