Can I update with the 1909 .iso?

Edward78

My dad has a DvD, I had to instakk windows to my new sys, will I be able to upgrade with a new ,iso? I linked my key before reinstall & is is a version before the anniversary/

MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port Mini-ITX Motherboard (B450I Gaming Plus AC), AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

17 minutes ago, Edward78 said:

My dad has a DvD, I had to instakk windows to my new sys, will I be able to upgrade with a new ,iso? I linked my key before reinstall & is is a version before the anniversary/

wow that was alot of info.

if you can boot into windows then yes you can update it.

On 1/27/2020 at 5:43 AM, Edward78 said:

Don't use iso file for that. Commonly iso files are using to fresh installations of Windows. Use the update tools. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

9 hours ago, SKIDOW said:

Don't use iso file for that. Commonly iso files are using to fresh installations of Windows. Use the update tools. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Both are the same, they lead you to windows 10 1909.... some people might prefer downloading the file 1 time instead of many pc, so the iso file is for them 

for systems running Windows 10 1903, it’s faster to update via windows update to windows 10 1909 as the file download size are smaller and take less time to install vs the iso/ the method you’ve specified