Help ! Clean install windows 10 after swapping storage in laptop

FalconWingz
Go to solution Solved by circeseye,

i just did this to 2 laptops (dell and a hp) had the same issue...had to hook the ssd to another comp and set it up. enable and format...then put it back into the laptop and it was detected

So , my sister's laptop is slow

I decided to swap the only drive the laptop has, a HDD for SSD that i just bought.

Swapped it successfully.

Then i tried installed windows 10bfrom a thumb drive, but the laptop couldnt find any drives. 

Im sure i plugged the ssd correctly, 

Do i need any driver or something in the thumb drive too ?

The laptop is Dell by the way.

Thanks ! Sorry im kinda new

i just did this to 2 laptops (dell and a hp) had the same issue...had to hook the ssd to another comp and set it up. enable and format...then put it back into the laptop and it was detected

Might have to format it first. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X  |  Cooler: Cryorig H7  |  Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar  |  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini  |  RAM: Team Vulcan 16GB  3000MHz  |  GPU: EVGA 1070ti Gaming (Kraken G12 Watercooled) |  PSU: Corsair TXM650  |  Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB + WD Blue M.2 500GB  |  Network Card: Asus PCE-AC56  |  Monitor: Acer Nitro VG270U  |  Audio: Sennheiser HD6XX + Schiit Fulla 2

Laptop:

Lenovo s540:  CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500U  |  RAM: 8GB DDR4 2666MHz  |  GPU: AMD Radeon Vega 8  |  Storage: 256GB NVME SSD

Other builds:

Spoiler

Workstation 1:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X  |  Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 Rev 2  |  Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Pro  |  Case: Corsair Crystal 570X  |  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz  |  GPU: Nvidia Quadro P5000  |  PSU: Corsair TXM750  |  Storage 1: WD Green 120GB  |  Storage 2: WD Blue 1TB  |  Storage 3: Seagate Barracuda 4TB  |  Monitor: LG 27UD68