Should I use virtual headphone output on the audio processing settings of Potplayer?

khazad

I was looking for a way to play videos at 60 fps with the player and came upon this

I think im able to play videos at 60+ fps now but it kinda makes it have stuttering and some bugs, maybe it gives my GPU too much load but I'm not sure since I have a GTX 1080.

So back to my topic, on the guide it says that on the audio tab i only should change the 16 bit to 24 and the sample rate.

I was playing with the other options and found that the speaker option has a bunch of options, by default it is at 2/0/0 - 2.0 stereo, I normally use my headphones while I watch movies on my pc so I changed it to virtual headphone and I did not expect the sudden change of sound, I mean with 2.0 every sound is coming from one place and with the virtual headphone the sounds seems like they're separated and it's kinda cool, I mean I was watching angles and demons and I could hear every sound distinctively.

When I play a movie that has 7.1 audio on my TV it sounds like a mess (I don't have a sorround system so I just use the speakers of the TV), every sound tries to come out first so I change it to 2.0 and it sounds fine. With the virtual headphone option it seems that it tries to simulate a sorround system, I don't know if it's fake or that's the way that headphones should sound like. I've never tried a 5.1 or 7.1 setup so I don't know what they should sound like.

The only problem with it is that the bass sound a bit faint since it sounds like it's way back in the background.

Do should I use it or nah?

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | MB: Asus TUF Gaming B550-Plus | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16Gb 3200Mhz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windforce | Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | SSD: Crucial MX300 275Gb | HDD: WD Black 2Tb | Monitor: LG 27GL83A

Stereo headphones are fully capable of simulating surround. And since they are so close to your brain bucket, they can play all sorts of fun tricks on your brain bucket.