Spotify vs youtube sound quality spotify more bass heavy?

The Torrent

So i recently switched to spotify rather than youtube.

And for some reason all songs sound heavier in bass on spotify than youtube? 

its really weird. I have premium and the sound quality is set to very high, i know its like 320 against 120 on youtube, but this is specifically a bass thing im noticing. Bass seems higher, treble is lowered. Highs on songs seem almost 'dimmed' and i cant say im a fan.

4 hours ago, The Torrent said:

So i recently switched to spotify rather than youtube.

And for some reason all songs sound heavier in bass on spotify than youtube? 

its really weird. I have premium and the sound quality is set to very high, i know its like 320 against 120 on youtube, but this is specifically a bass thing im noticing. Bass seems higher, treble is lowered. Highs on songs seem almost 'dimmed' and i cant say im a fan.

Funnily enough I find spotify to sound similar to how you describe aswell. Spotify definitely sounds "muddy"

Have you considered Tidal? They have an option that is the same price as Spotify, and it sounds alot more sparkly and less bassy.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

37 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

Funnily enough I find spotify to sound similar to how you describe aswell. Spotify definitely sounds "muddy"

Have you considered Tidal? They have an option that is the same price as Spotify, and it sounds alot more sparkly and less bassy.

well im just using a free 6 month trial of premium at the moment, but have considered tital if i went that route i would buy their £20/month audiophile package which is something for me to think about

1 hour ago, Slottr said:

Spotify has an equalizer you can adjust for better balance

On pc? Where?

well im just using a free 6 month trial of premium at the moment, but have considered tital if i went that route i would buy their £20/month audiophile package which is something for me to think about

On pc? Where?

The 20 a month Tidal is what I use, and it's second to none IMO, you notice so much more with Tidal than you do with Spotify, there's so much more detail its well worth double the price.

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

1 minute ago, Derkoli said:

The 20 a month Tidal is what I use, and it's second to none IMO, you notice so much more with Tidal than you do with Spotify, there's so much more detail its well worth double the price.

maybe, but im using 800 quid headphones with a inline dac and you have a 400k setup so i might not notice lol.

Maybe soon once I can afford to invest more into this hobby...

maybe, but im using 800 quid headphones with a inline dac and you have a 400k setup so i might not notice lol.

Maybe soon once I can afford to invest more into this hobby...

Well, I notice it with my JBL LSR308 Mk2's aswell, which are about 350 a pair, so you should notice the difference.

Plus, my 400k setup is for mastering audio in Dolby Atmos (9.2.4) mostly :)

But my 2.0 channel setup I do use for indulging in my audiophile tendencies.

2 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

Well, I notice it with my JBL LSR308 Mk2's aswell, which are about 350 a pair, so you should notice the difference.

Plus, my 400k setup is for mastering audio in Dolby Atmos (9.2.4) mostly :)

But my 2.0 channel setup I do use for indulging in my audiophile tendencies.

ahh perhaps then.

I use Audeze el-8 Titaniums with the built in cipher cable. Did consider getting a schiit stack or something but maybe soon once I can afford something a bit better as I was told go big or forget it with audio.

Will consider tidal, thanks.

ahh perhaps then.

I use Audeze el-8 Titaniums with the built in cipher cable. Did consider getting a schiit stack or something but maybe soon once I can afford something a bit better as I was told go big or forget it with audio.

Will consider tidal, thanks.

No problem :)

You can also transfer playlists from other sources with Soundiiz

https://soundiiz.com/tutorial/spotify-to-tidal

• 1 year later...

I Agree as well, now i was comparing Deezer and Spotify, and I found out that Spotify sounds more bass heavy and has mids little bit back,  i though it was only me, then i googled and i came here.... overall  im still going to continue on Deezer I think... unfortunately tidal is not available in my country, it's very interesting tho.

*Laughts in FLAC*

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

^This x2

Project Gray Scale
Intel Core i7 6900k @ 4.2Ghz - Dominator 32GB DDR4 2400 CL10 - Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB NVMe - 2 Samsung 840 EVO 1TB (Gaming and Sratch) - 2 Barracuda 2TB 
Asus x99 Deluxe - MSI Aero OC GTX 1080Ti - Seasonic 760 XP² - Mod1PC Custom Cables - EKWB CPU & GPU Blocks Nickle/Plexi - EKWB D5 PWM 
EKWB PE360 - Corsair ML120 (6)  - InWin 303- NK65 Entry Watermelon w/ Gat Laseron 70g (205g0 & Filmed) - Logitech G Pro x Superlight
Kanto YU2 - Sennheiser PC360 SE - Acer XF270HU

BUT DOES IT FOLD?! https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=963814