Help choosing some SD cards

Imakuni

I'm looking for a 64gb microSD card to use as expansion on my phone (j510mn) and a 64gb SD card for my camera (EOS Rebel T5), but I don't really know much about it, so I'm hoping you guys can recommend something pretty decent. If possible, keep it to Amazon or Newegg US, I have a relative travelling there and plan to order online.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

14 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

I'm looking for a 64gb microSD card to use as expansion on my phone (j510mn) and a 64gb SD card for my camera (EOS Rebel T5), but I don't really know much about it, so I'm hoping you guys can recommend something pretty decent. If possible, keep it to Amazon or Newegg US, I have a relative travelling there and plan to order online.

It really doesn't matter as long as you aren't buying the cheapest ones that are likely fake.

Microcenter has store brand SD cards that are pretty cheap.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

43 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

Samsung or Sandisk are basically my go to now. This would be good for both. 

https://smile.amazon.com/SanDisk-128GB-Extreme-microSD-Adapter/dp/B07FCMBLV6/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=micro%2Bsd%2Bcard&qid=1577670442&sr=8-6&th=1

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

yup, samsung and Sandisk.  though i usually find myself attracted to samsung

you can get 128 gb for about 20 bucks or less now with 100MB/s read/write speeds which is fast enough for 4k+.  but if you want something really fast like 300MB/s or more SanDisk's extreme or ultra line (i forget which one) does just that but you will pay for it too, i think it's like 40-50 for a 64gig don't quote me on it because just for camera and phone memory it's unnecessarily fast so i never bothered to get too acquainted with those cards.

like i said the Samsung "EVO Plus" 128 is plenty fast even for 4k, with realistic read write of 100/90 respectively (105/85 actual tested).

here's a link to the cards currently in my Note 10+ and Nikon DSLR

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BS3HLY9/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_5?smid=A1GC47N5J8F7IJ&psc=1

oh and i highly recommend this 128 for 19 bucks, (yes it's authentic) because the 64gb isn't 10 bucks, so it doesn't make sense to buy the price doesn't scale down any better, only up from here.  the 64gig is 14 bucks, so for 19 you might as well buy these 128's

PS that link is to the NEW (2018)version of Sams "EVO Plus" line.  DO NOT get confused with the "EVO+" because that is the last gen (2016 i think) and it's waaayy slower and not any different in price so you are really getting robbed.  in any case, like i mentioned that's the exact card in my devices now and I'm super happy with it (from my previous orders) and i know the comparison because i had the last gen as well.  I had the 64 gig from the EVO+ line back on my galaxy s8+ and i still have the card sitting around collecting dust because i don't know what to do with it since much faster options are out now in the same line that are twice as large for less than half of what i paid for that 64, lol.  anyway, hope the link helps and hope the info helps.  

GL