RX 5700 XT Strix/Nitro+ or RTX 2070 Super

tyem

First of all I'm in Europe so I will put the amazon.de/.fr prices that are available to me.

My Strix OC Vega64 is acting up after a year and I will change it.

I'm not looking for a huge upgrade. 

I have these to choose from

Sapphire Nitro+ RX 5700 XT for 461 Euros ( 510 USD )

Strix OC RX 5700XT for 560 Euros ( 620 USD )              

So... its $110 difference from Nitro+ to Strix OC for basically the same card.. Thinking of it, I do have all Strix motherboard, TridentZ ram and I only had Strix card in my PC for rgb Sync. 

I had an RX 380 Strix OC, then a Strix 580 Top OC now a Strix Vega64 OC... but then again they all had some issues. 

Now I don't know if it was the Asus branded cards or it was because they are AMD... I have no allegiance to either nvidia, intel or AMD. I used to be a fan of AMD in the past but 2 years ago when I built my PC ryzen 1st gen was just coming out so I didn't trust it enough to get it on my PC so I went for a i7-8700k. I just get whatever is good at the moment.

Also I think they are pretty similar 2010mhz(Nitro+) vs 2035mhz(Strix) boost clocks 

Sorry for drifting away from the subject

Now the Nvidia side

Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2070 Super for 610 Euro ( 676 USD ) 1905mhz Boost Clock

Asus Rog Strix RTX 2070 Super for 670 Euro (742 USD ) 1935 Boost Clock

Now the bottom line... you can see that if I want to go from the cheapest best option for 5700XT to the Strix OC variant of the 2070 Super it's a $230 jump or almost a +50% more.

I just want to know your opinions... Is it really worth the jump. On one side I would like to distance myself from AMD cards, since I don't really like the software, but on the other side the price seems too much of a jump for basically not so great of a difference...

EDIT: Thanks everyone, I went for the RX 5700 XT Nitro+ from Sapphire, at least for the moment I should be fine.

15 minutes ago, tyem said:

I just want to know your opinions... Is it really worth the jump. On one side I would like to distance myself from AMD cards, since I don't really like the software, but on the other side the price seems too much of a jump for basically not so great of a difference

Well it all depends, firstly what resolution you playing at? What’s your refresh rate?

2070s is roughly ~10-15% faster than 5700XT, but let’s say you only planning to play 1080p , the 5700XT will be more than enough.

As of individual models of same cards what I would do is try to find some reviews about that specific card, and compare tham, is it really worth spending extra.

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

37 minutes ago, Whiro said:

Well it all depends, firstly what resolution you playing at? What’s your refresh rate?

2070s is roughly ~10-15% faster than 5700XT, but let’s say you only planning to play 1080p , the 5700XT will be more than enough.

As of individual models of same cards what I would do is try to find some reviews about that specific card, and compare tham, is it really worth spending extra.

I do have an 1080p 144hz 27" VA but I'm planing on upgrading to 1440p 144-165hz 27" IPS soon because I hate the VA panel mostly.

Also I rarely play demanding games. I just want the graphics card mostly for futureproof and reliability, but I had bad luck so far.

2 minutes ago, tyem said:

I do have an 1080p 144hz 27" VA but I'm planing on upgrading to 1440p 144-165hz 27" IPS soon because I hate the VA panel mostly.

Also I rarely play demanding games. I just want the graphics card mostly for futureproof and reliability, but I had bad luck so far.

In my personal opinion if you planning to futureproof and increase your resolution it’s better to invest more now and get 2070 super, it’ll give you more performance. Try to get cheapest 2070 super or if you not in rush to change it right now just wait for some sales on it. 

i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

WHIRO

I have until 31st of this month to return the Vega 64 and afterwards I will be on Intel HD graphics for however time I decide to wait.

3 minutes ago, Whiro said:

In my personal opinion if you planning to futureproof and increase your resolution it’s better to invest more now and get 2070 super, it’ll give you more performance. Try to get cheapest 2070 super or if you not in rush to change it right now just wait for some sales on it. 

I have until 31st of this month to return the Vega 64 and afterwards I will be on Intel HD graphics for however time I decide to wait.

16 minutes ago, tyem said:

66FEA8D6-996C-4396-9815-D5C537153867.png

76FFD458-CA6D-4030-A6F5-A1F54DBD7E10.png

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

WHIRO

Seem like you'll save quite a lot if you get 5700 Nitro+, for basically similar performance among other cards you've listed. 

What is your PSU model and how old?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 hour ago, xAcid9 said:

Seem like you'll save quite a lot if you get 5700 Nitro+, for basically similar performance among other cards you've listed. 

What is your PSU model and how old?

My system is pretty ok otherwise, It's a Asus Z370-E with i7 8700k

PSU is Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium 2 years old

2 hours ago, Whiro said:

66FEA8D6-996C-4396-9815-D5C537153867.png

76FFD458-CA6D-4030-A6F5-A1F54DBD7E10.png

Thanks but as I said I'm not located in the US, so I need pricing from amazon.de // amazon.fr . Maybe even amazon.it and amazon.co.uk but for these 2 I have to pay transport. I'm located in Belgium and from amazon Germany and France I have free delivery even without prime.

I would personally avoid Asus models from AMD cards, they are known to have issues that Asus never bothers to even try to fix or fixes in the cheapest way possible, and don't really perform that well compared to similar models from Sapphire and PowerColor.

One option would be to get some cheap decent RX5700(XT) and use it till you can get something better next gen, as those options that you listed are way too expansive for what they offer over cheaper options.

Also in general high-end models of cards aren't worth it, in general it's better to just get the best cheap model unless you have some special need that only those high-end models are able to meet.

3 minutes ago, KaitouX said:

I would personally avoid Asus models from AMD cards, they are known to have issues that Asus never bothers to even try to fix or fixes in the cheapest way possible, and don't really perform that well compared to similar models from Sapphire and PowerColor.

One option would be to get some cheap decent RX5700(XT) and use it till you can get something better next gen, as those options that you listed are way too expansive for what they offer over cheaper options.

Also in general high-end models of cards aren't worth it, in general it's better to just get the best cheap model unless you have some special need that only those high-end models are able to meet.

I'm leaning towards the Nitro+ 5700XT, at 461 Euros, its basically what I get back from returning the Vega 64 and also with a little bit of performance boost, I do not have to add a cent. I mean I have to buy it but after I get the full refund for the Vega 64 I'm square. Not sure how it will handle 1440p gaming tho. But considering I mainly play e-sports titles.. I think it will do me just fine.

1 hour ago, tyem said:

I'm leaning towards the Nitro+ 5700XT, at 461 Euros, its basically what I get back from returning the Vega 64 and also with a little bit of performance boost, I do not have to add a cent. I mean I have to buy it but after I get the full refund for the Vega 64 I'm square. Not sure how it will handle 1440p gaming tho. But considering I mainly play e-sports titles.. I think it will do me just fine.

5700 XT will handle 1440p gaming fine. It won't get you high refresh rate in AAA games but should be fine. If you want high refresh rate in 1440p gaming then not even the RTX 2070 Super will suffice; you'll more likely need an RTX 2080 Super which blows your budget up completely. 

I run BFV on highest settings on my 5700 XT and can easily get consistent 75 fps for my 1440p 75Hz panel. You'll be fine. 5700 XT is actually overkill for 1080p gaming - if you wanted that you're better of going with a GTX 1660 Super.