Red dots on screen and displays not detecting

Reginald Bonemeal

I have the latest drivers, i have 3 monitors, i have overclocked my card.

Ever since I got a new case my displays are not being detected and there are red dots all over the one monitor that is being detected. The red dots are not dead pixels, they move around quite a bit and my 3 displays where all connected and working before.

it could be one of 4 things 

1. Insufficient power to the graphics processor due to the overclocking.
  2. Graphics card not seated correctly after re-install within the new case.
  3. Damage to the GPU die from the overclocking and/or overheating.
  4. Or finally a tiny static discharge during the case change.

If you have another Graphics card to test you can try this method as you never specified your current build we are unable to help specifically with the issue as the GPU and MB are unknowns.

Thank You

3 minutes ago, MCalladine said:

it could be one of 4 things 

1. Insufficient power to the graphics processor due to the overclocking.
  2. Graphics card not seated correctly after re-install within the new case.
  3. Damage to the GPU die from the overclocking and/or overheating.
  4. Or finally a tiny static discharge during the case change.

If you have another Graphics card to test you can try this method as you never specified your current build we are unable to help specifically with the issue as the GPU and MB are unknowns.

Thank You

GTX 750 TI 2GB
I7 2600
16GB RAM

450W THERMALTAKE DPS G PSs

1. Have you tried to plug each monitor on their own and tested them in still working condition?
  2. Next you should most definately try a different Graphics Card to test your system if possible to make sure nothing got damaged or knocked during install in the new case

13 minutes ago, MCalladine said:
  1. Have you tried to plug each monitor on their own and tested them in still working condition?
  2. Next you should most definately try a different Graphics Card to test your system if possible to make sure nothing got damaged or knocked during install in the new case

i have integrated graphics and when i used that it worked fine. Each display works if its plugged in separately but the resolution is really messed up.

this suggests that you Graphics Card has died or has insuficient power the red dots are artifacting or just an attempt from the card as old as the 750ti to continue.

Power on an OC'd card is really important and a 450w PSU it could be insufficent power if your new case has any new fans that could be using power at a higher rate than your old case

2 minutes ago, MCalladine said:

this suggests that you Graphics Card has died or has insuficient power the red dots are artifacting or just an attempt from the card as old as the 750ti to continue.

Power on an OC'd card is really important and a 450w PSU it could be insufficent power if your new case has any new fans that could be using power at a higher rate than your old case

Ah the fans...

19 minutes ago, MCalladine said:

Well i am fuoked..... i broke my graphics card... what now.