New build refuses to post. Aorus pro wifi mobo DRAM led continously on. (PLEASE HELP)

CallMeChewie

I have been trying to make this build for the past 2 weeks and nothing is working. I keep getting the same issue where when I boot it up the DRAM led on the mobo will stay on. It will also blink for a split second to the cpu led then go right back to the DRAM led. It will try to post for about a minute with no display coming on and then shut itself down and restart. The motherboard itself will refuse to light up as well (as shown by the images). At first I thought I had a faulty mobo which I then replaced. Then I thought it was the CPU so then I replaced that. I also replaces the ram and that didnt work either. I'm running out of options here as I have no clue what is wrong now. All other parts I know work because I took them out of another build I had. 

I've tried every solution under the sun and nothing seems to fix this issue. I even changed to a different PSU. Can someone please help me.

Specs:

Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi

CPU: i9-9900kf

GPU: RTX 2070

RAM: Single stick 16gb hyperx fury 

Liquid Cooling: Corsair h100i rgb

SSD: 256gb crucial m.2 

HDD: 1TB Seagate Sata

PSU: Corsair RM 750x

20191213_110709.jpg

20191213_110704.jpg

have you tried reseting the CMOS by removing the battery? Also make sure only the 8 pin from the psu is plugged in i had an issue on the same MOBO when both were plugged in

5 minutes ago, cpjude said:

have you tried reseting the CMOS by removing the battery? Also make sure only the 8 pin from the psu is plugged in i had an issue on the same MOBO when both were plugged in

Yes I tried this literally minutes ago. 

I guess you already tested all ram slots too? I can't see from the pictures but you have motherboard standoffs installed, right?

Yes the 

18 minutes ago, Mholes said:

I guess you already tested all ram slots too? I can't see from the pictures but you have motherboard standoffs installed, right?

Yes all standoffs are installed in the correct areas

2 minutes ago, CallMeChewie said:

Yes the 

Yes all standoffs are installed in the correct areas

And yes I've tried every slot

1 hour ago, CallMeChewie said:

I have been trying to make this build for the past 2 weeks and nothing is working. I keep getting the same issue where when I boot it up the DRAM led on the mobo will stay on. It will also blink for a split second to the cpu led then go right back to the DRAM led. It will try to post for about a minute with no display coming on and then shut itself down and restart. The motherboard itself will refuse to light up as well (as shown by the images). At first I thought I had a faulty mobo which I then replaced. Then I thought it was the CPU so then I replaced that. I also replaces the ram and that didnt work either. I'm running out of options here as I have no clue what is wrong now. All other parts I know work because I took them out of another build I had. 

I've tried every solution under the sun and nothing seems to fix this issue. I even changed to a different PSU. Can someone please help me.

Specs:

Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi

CPU: i9-9900kf

GPU: RTX 2070

RAM: Single stick 16gb hyperx fury 

Liquid Cooling: Corsair h100i rgb

SSD: 256gb crucial m.2 

HDD: 1TB Seagate Sata

PSU: Corsair RM 750x

20191213_110709.jpg

20191213_110704.jpg

Another thing is when I flip the psu switch to on the mobo will blink for a second and then go off before I turn the pc on.

have you tried maybe using the psu for another build to see if its the psu, or maybe just try another psu with this build

Now this is getting hard. PSU cables? Your 8-pin to your mb is 100% CPU 8-pin? Not PCI-E 8-pin? And if your PSU has any marking for CPU and PCI-E they are in correct ports?

13 minutes ago, cpjude said:

have you tried maybe using the psu for another build to see if its the psu, or maybe just try another psu with this build

I have tried another psu with the same error occuring.

13 minutes ago, Mholes said:

Now this is getting hard. PSU cables? Your 8-pin to your mb is 100% CPU 8-pin? Not PCI-E 8-pin? And if your PSU has any marking for CPU and PCI-E they are in correct ports?

Yes everything is in the correct slots and ports psu wise and cpu wise.

Does it post if you take your gpu out? Have you tried that? Or atleast put the PCI-E 8-pin in? (just looking at the photos, the extra power for gpu is not connected, should it matter? No idea.)

EDIT: And yes i know you wont get anything to your display but atleast to see if it posts at all.

4 minutes ago, Mholes said:

Does it post if you take your gpu out? Have you tried that? Or atleast put the PCI-E 8-pin in? (just looking at the photos, the extra power for gpu is not connected, should it matter? No idea.)

EDIT: And yes i know you wont get anything to your display but atleast to see if it posts at all.

I've tried it with the GPU out. With mostly every part out and then put back in singularly. 

Okay. Can you update your bios somehow? Fast google search ->

Worth a try?

4 minutes ago, Mholes said:

Okay. Can you update your bios somehow? Fast google search ->

Worth a try?

Is there some way I could update the bios without the damn thing posting? I have no clue how to do that if it's not even posting.

7 minutes ago, CallMeChewie said:

Is there some way I could update the bios without the damn thing posting? I have no clue how to do that if it's not even posting.

Not really :(

If you have a 8th gen cpu on hand you could test that too. Or bring it to a store that offers BIOS updates i guess?

EDIT: And at the same time you could get a confirmation that the MB is fine.

• 11 months later...

Hi ! I'm having this exactly the same problem. Did you find any solution for this  ?

• 2 months later...

I've seen posts saying that other people have RAM slot issues, I would try pulling out all the ram, removing the cmos battery and resetting it, plugging one stick in different slots to see if you can get a post.

Edited by CrazyBoi