Asus RTX2080 Turbo fan throttle issues

Blu_
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

I have 3 turbos and one does this under load. The only way to get it to stop (in my case) is to set it to 66%. It's in a server rack so I haven't bothered to remedy the situation, but I will get on with support at some point and see if it needs to be RMA'd or perhaps just reflashed.

Hey all I recently bough a Asus Rtx 2080 turbo and I am having some issues. 

The fan throttles to max and is incredibly loud when under load, I downloaded Gpu Tweak and checked the fan speed and the monitoring section says the fan is staying at a constant 50% even though it has obviously maxed out. Is this normal behaviour for this card? If so what can I do to make the noise more bearable, its louder than all 4 of my 140mm fans combined.

Below is a picture of the fan graph while playing games, it says its at 50 but audibly it is maxed out.

-Thanks!

me playing fan speed.PNG

I have 3 turbos and one does this under load. The only way to get it to stop (in my case) is to set it to 66%. It's in a server rack so I haven't bothered to remedy the situation, but I will get on with support at some point and see if it needs to be RMA'd or perhaps just reflashed.

Just tried it and it worked thanks! What a strange fix that is wonder how that stops it.

Just now, Blu_ said:

Just tried it and it worked thanks! What a strange fix that is wonder how that stops it.

No prob! My guess is that something is screwed up with a sensor or a setting that just makes it freak out.

5 hours ago, Den-Fi said:

No prob! My guess is that something is screwed up with a sensor or a setting that just makes it freak out.

I first tested beamng and the issue seemed to no longer happen but I launched some other games at it seems its still there? So its just a fix for one game :(. I have sent a RMA request so hopefully Asus can deal with it.