Will the Noctua NH-L9i cool an i7 7700k ok?

GazCBG

Hi,

Will a Noctua NH-L9i (Low profile) cool an Intel Core i7 7700k not overclocked?

The reason I ask is I am thinking about putting my PC into a Fraturl Design Node 804 case and don;t believe my current Noctua fan will fit.

The Fraturl Design Node 804 max fan height is 160 mm and I don't think my Noctua NH-D15 will fit, as the specs form the NH-D15 height with fans is 165 mm

Thanks

D15 would actually fit as the heatsink is 160mm, the A15 fans make it taller.

L9i is heavy drop in cooling performance, but you can still use it. Just no overclocking and most likely some voltage managing needed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

What kind of features are you looking for and why are you looking at these coolers in particular?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

11 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

What kind of features are you looking for and why are you looking at these coolers in particular?

Something to keep the i7 7700k (no overclocking) CPU cool and quiet.

I already own both coolers, so just looking for a of doing it, without creating any issues.

I currently have my i7 7700k in a Factual Design R5 case with the NH-D15 on it.

In the Node 804 I have an i5 7500 with a NH-L9i on it.

My R5 has the main PC in it and I need to save some space on the desk,

What I want to do is move my i7, GPU (Nvidai 1070) and PSU into my Node 804 case.

2 minutes ago, GazCBG said:

I already own both coolers, so just looking for a of doing it, without creating any issues.

In that case, you could just use the NH-D15 with a single fan in the center lowered. The cooler would then be 160mm tall. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.