Trying to boot Batocera.Linux from USB and I’m stuck at the splash screen.

I got an old HP office PC and I’ve been trying to configure it into an emulator box with Batocera.Linux. The machine posts and I was able to access the BIOS and boot menu just fine. When I select to boot from USB, it takes me to the Batocera.Linux splash screen and I’ve been sitting here for about 20 minutes without any visible progress. Should I keep waiting or am I doing something wrong

System Specs:

CPU: Core 2 Duo e8400

RAM: 4GB DDR2

Storage: 32GB USB drive (3.0 drive to 2.0 port)

GPU: Pending GT 730

Mobo: mATX Intel DQ45CB 

F04F2191-4ADB-4262-9DF4-F3A0CEF70800.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem. The newer versions of Batocera use the newer Nvidia drivers, which exclude older GPUs. I think if you can find a version 5.18 (or older) it would work, or just run Recalbox like I'm doing. Recalbox uses the correct drivers for older GPUs.

• 1 month later...
On 11/20/2019 at 11:55 AM, Lowfat_Cheese said:

I got an old HP office PC and I’ve been trying to configure it into an emulator box with Batocera.Linux. The machine posts and I was able to access the BIOS and boot menu just fine. When I select to boot from USB, it takes me to the Batocera.Linux splash screen and I’ve been sitting here for about 20 minutes without any visible progress. Should I keep waiting or am I doing something wrong

System Specs:

CPU: Core 2 Duo e8400

RAM: 4GB DDR2

Storage: 32GB USB drive (3.0 drive to 2.0 port)

GPU: Pending GT 730

Mobo: mATX Intel DQ45CB 

F04F2191-4ADB-4262-9DF4-F3A0CEF70800.jpeg

Hi there, I was wondering if you ever got this resolved? 

You seem to have got further than I have :)

I managed to wipe the HDD, got into the Batocera menu, chose install Batocera to a new disk, then the screen goes blank, I don't know if its installing or anything and its been going for over 2 hours.  I am trying to install Batocera into a WD 80GB HDD.

I got given an old Lenovo Thinkcentre, specs below:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0 Ghz

4GB RAM (2 x 1GB Samsung DDR3-1066 PC-8500S SODIMM)

Intel Q45/Q43 Express Chipset

If you have any idea how I can get to at least where you are then that would also be great. 

Cheers

• 5 months later...

I had the same issue after one od releases and  I resolved it by changing in BIOS booting modr from uefi into legacy mode. Probably batocera do not support uefi boot.

After this change, start up goes smooth

Lenovo l340

i7-9750H

GTX-1050

• 3 years later...

its 2023 and im having the same issue on a ryzen 5 4500u if i fix this, ill let u know