Samsung 970 EVO Plus Compatibility with z270x

Scp58

hello, have one question Samsung 970 evo plus work with m/b gigabyte z270x gaming 5 and in what slot? near cpu or down of gpu?

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z270X-Gaming-5-rev-10#kf

1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 SATA and PCIe x4/x2 SSD support) (M2M_32G)
1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280 SATA and PCIe x4/x2 SSD support) (M2P_32G)

Yes

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Yes you can use the Samsung 970 EVO plus..read page 21 of your manual for specifics:  https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-z270x-gaming5_e.pdf 

Which States:

"Installation Notices for the PCIEX4, M.2, and SATA Connectors: Due to the limited number of lanes provided by the Chipset, the availability of the SATA connectors may be affected by the type of devices installed in the M2M_32G and M2P_32G connectors. The M2M_32G connector shares bandwidth with the SATA3 4, 5 connectors. The M2P_32G connector shares bandwidth with the PCIEX4 slot. Refer to the following tables for details."

1 hour ago, DejaVoodoo said:

Yes you can use the Samsung 970 EVO plus..read page 21 of your manual for specifics:  https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-z270x-gaming5_e.pdf 

Which States:

"Installation Notices for the PCIEX4, M.2, and SATA Connectors: Due to the limited number of lanes provided by the Chipset, the availability of the SATA connectors may be affected by the type of devices installed in the M2M_32G and M2P_32G connectors. The M2M_32G connector shares bandwidth with the SATA3 4, 5 connectors. The M2P_32G connector shares bandwidth with the PCIEX4 slot. Refer to the following tables for details."

so where have to put it? in M2M_32G ? or to M2P_32G ? and if understand correct the m2m i lose sata 5-6? and m2p lose gpu bandwidth or nothing so best is that?

Do you really need Sata 4 and 5?  And the other on only shares with PCIEX4...your GPU should be in slot 1.

On 11/19/2019 at 9:33 PM, DejaVoodoo said:

Do you really need Sata 4 and 5?  And the other on only shares with PCIEX4...your GPU should be in slot 1.

i have 5 sata inside already :( and don't want to lose 1 hdd)

is better to put it on that slot and lose sata 4 and 5 ? or is the same to put it on slot with PCIEX4 (yes the gpu is on slot 1 x16)

So is different if i set it on second slot down and share with PCIEX4 and not with SATA 4-5 ?