i9 9900k keep on freezing

So I been having this problem for a month now, windows will on freeze at random time. It could freeze at idle and or when I am using chrome to play some flash games. Once it freezes, the only way to unfreeze it is by forced shutdown(holding the power button), because nothing works. I also had the WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR BSOD before but I thought it was because I didn't reinstall window after switching from my 8700k to 9900k. I already reinstall windows and the problem still persist and this don't happen when I am running aida 64 or prime 95 or neither when I am gaming. The only thing I could think of is that I got a defective CPU... But I would like to get some more opinion before doing an RMA. Thanks in advance!

My custome water cooled built: 

i9 9900k

- 30C @ idle 

60-70C @ load

msi meg ace z390

corsair 32 gb ram running at 3000 mhz

a m.2 ssd with window 10 fresh install,

corsair hx 750 psu

msi 2080ti seahawk with ekwb

6 minutes ago, Wilson Yu said:

So I been having this problem for a month now, windows will on freeze at random time. It could freeze at idle and or when I am using chrome to play some flash games. Once it freezes, the only way to unfreeze it is by forced shutdown(holding the power button), because nothing works. I also had the WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR BSOD before but I thought it was because I didn't reinstall window after switching from my 8700k to 9900k. I already reinstall windows and the problem still persist and this don't happen when I am running aida 64 or prime 95 or neither when I am gaming. The only thing I could think of is that I got a defective CPU... But I would like to get some more opinion before doing an RMA. Thanks in advance!

My custome water cooled built: 

i9 9900k

- 30C @ idle 

60-70C @ load

msi meg ace z390

corsair 32 gb ram running at 3000 mhz

a m.2 ssd with window 10 fresh install,

corsair hx 750 psu

msi 2080ti seahawk with ekwb

Have you tried doing a bios update?

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

stress test with a single stick of ram and swap them to see if its a ramstick

also is it 4 sticks?

if it freezes on all 4 sticks alone then rma the cpu i think, or it could be a psu issue idk

if you can, keep the gpu out of all the troubleshooting just in case

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

Ok, I'll test my 2 ram sticks. But the GPU is staying because the mobo doesn't have any video outputs... Can't believe msi cheap out on this?.

4 hours ago, Wilson Yu said:

Do you have Multicore enhancement enabled, or what's MSI name for it? Does your CPU boost 5 GHz all core under load? It may be the reason. I'm afraid since Intel decided to release 9900KS, all 5GHz all core chips go there, and the remaining 9900K/KF became worse. This is just my speculation, but I've seen some users confirm their new 9900K can't do 5GHz all core.

Check that the XMP profile has applied properly (DRAM Voltage, etc.) and set Vccsa and Vccio manually to something like 1.15 V, should be fine for this memory freq.

I believe so, because after I rebuilt my pc with the 9900k I reset the bios to default setting and have not touched it ever since. I also read that some people are getting similar freezing problems on stock settings and they had to up the voltage or down-clock to solve the problem. I really regret switching my 8700k now...

16 hours ago, RelativeMono said:

stress test with a single stick of ram and swap them to see if its a ramstick

also is it 4 sticks?

if it freezes on all 4 sticks alone then rma the cpu i think, or it could be a psu issue idk

if you can, keep the gpu out of all the troubleshooting just in case

Just did a memtest on both sticks. No error was found. I guess it's most likely the CPU 

'S problem...

@Wilson Yu

Are you using fixed voltage or offset or adaptive voltage?
Are you using C-states?  If so, which?
Are you using Loadline calibration?  If so, what value?

What are your AC/DC Loadline settings (this is NOT loadline calibration).