Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BTGbullseye

Aftermarket coolers for 5700 XT

Posted · Original PosterOP

Ok, so I've been hitting a thermal limit (with occasional crashing) with my reference 5700 XT where my junction temps are getting around 110°c, and I'm looking for something better for the cooler. I definitely don't want to spend $150 for a waterblock and then spend even more to do a custom loop for just the GPU. (if I wanted to spend $550+ for a GPU I'd've gotten a cheap RTX 2080) System specs are in my profile if you're wondering.

Anyone have any recommendations for something that will actually work, and isn't a CPU cooler that won't fit in my MicroATX case between the GPU and the PSU? (about 4-5 slots width)

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600     Cooler: GAMMAXX 400     RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16gb 3600CL16 @3800CL16     Mobo: ASRock X570M Pro4

Graphics Card: ASRock Reference RX 5700 XT     Case: Antec P5     PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M  Storage: Mushkin ECO2 512GB SSD, HP EX900 1TB NVMe

12 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

Ok, so I've been hitting a thermal limit (with occasional crashing) with my reference 5700 XT where my junction temps are getting around 110°c, and I'm looking for something better for the cooler. I definitely don't want to spend $150 for a waterblock and then spend even more to do a custom loop for just the GPU. (if I wanted to spend $550+ for a GPU I'd've gotten a cheap RTX 2080) System specs are in my profile if you're wondering.

Anyone have any recommendations for something that will actually work, and isn't a CPU cooler that won't fit in my MicroATX case between the GPU and the PSU? (about 4-5 slots width)

Hello,

You could look at

https://www.arctic.ac/eu_en/ax4.html

or 

https://www.arctic.ac/eu_en/accelero-twin-turbo-iii.html

I think both can fit.

Although your case is kinda closed too :P 

Don't forget to quote (arrow bottom left of the message) or use name tag (@name) for us to see your answer.

Spoiler

My computer

CPU : I7-8700k  4,7GHz 1,275v

CPU cooler : Noctua NH-U14S

GPU : Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX Vega 64

Motherboard : Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3466 MHz CL16

SSD : Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2,5" + Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2

HDD : Seagate BarraCuda 4TB 3,5" 5400RPM

Case : Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S Black 

PSU : Corsair HX Platinum 850W

Others : Noctua NF-F12 PWM chromax.black.swap x3 top exhaust

Noctua NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap x3 front intake, x1 rear exhaust, x1 on the CPU cooler

Noctua NA-HC6 chromax.black on the CPU cooler

Spoiler

Wife Computer

CPU : R5 3600 4,2GHz 1,33v

CPU cooler : Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition

GPU : Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 580 8GB

Motherboard : MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX

RAM : 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport AT 3200MHz CL16

SSD : Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250 GB 2,5"

HDD : Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM

Case : Fractal Design Define C TG

PSU : Corsair TXM 550W

Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, Plouffe said:

Hello,

You could look at

https://www.arctic.ac/eu_en/ax4.html

or 

https://www.arctic.ac/eu_en/accelero-twin-turbo-iii.html

I think both can fit.

Although your case is kinda closed too :P 

The problem with those is that the center piece of the main cooler prevents the RAM heatsinks from fully covering the RAM chips. So unfortunately, that isn't a good solution for my problem, as the GPU processor is not the part that is overheating.

1 hour ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Already did that... That's why I'm able to run the card at all. (it's always been on the hot side of the 5700 XT scale) And since it's not the core temps, but most likely the memory and other component temps that are the main issue, I don't think the AA coolers will help much.

I really just wish someone would make a single-heatpipe VRAM heatsink and a mounting bracket for the Arctic that allows for it to be cooled properly and completely. (and then sell it for like $15)

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600     Cooler: GAMMAXX 400     RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16gb 3600CL16 @3800CL16     Mobo: ASRock X570M Pro4

Graphics Card: ASRock Reference RX 5700 XT     Case: Antec P5     PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M  Storage: Mushkin ECO2 512GB SSD, HP EX900 1TB NVMe