router help?

k24_member101

so i have spectrum ultra 400+mbps 

back of modem is that speed works fine.

i originally had linksys ea6400 when i had standard speeds of 200mbps... handled well had it for years . i went and got the upgrade they changed modems out to  a new 3.1 modem and i was having alot of connection issues so i thought it was the router bought a new router a netgear nighthawk ac1750. everything worked flawlessly for  a while 450+ mbps speeds. then it lowered back to 200... so did a factory reset and its good for another 2-3 days at 400 then back to 200... the only way to get 400 is a factory reset of the router.. and its really annoying. i was reusing the ssid and password then changed it. then left it the factory after the reset nothing helps, i have no qos on no port forwarding nothing enabled or changed just factory reset and it works and i dont get it... is the router at fault or is this a bigger issue? really kinda tired of factory resetting every few days..

speeds tested wireless, and hard lined in the back of pc and a laptop. i check multiple channels on the wifi, as well as hard line different devices during tests and they all end the same 400+ for a few days then drops back and wont go over 200...

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondering if resetting the firmware on your modem will have the same effect of temporary restoring your speeds. (there should be a small reset button that you have to hold with a pen). If it does, then there is something going on with your ISP...sadly, good luck getting support to believe you. The good news is that a modem reset does not require you to change any settings, it just means a ~10 minute internet outage.

On 11/1/2019 at 6:51 PM, k24_member101 said:

so i have spectrum ultra 400+mbps 

back of modem is that speed works fine.

i originally had linksys ea6400 when i had standard speeds of 200mbps... handled well had it for years . i went and got the upgrade they changed modems out to  a new 3.1 modem and i was having alot of connection issues so i thought it was the router bought a new router a netgear nighthawk ac1750. everything worked flawlessly for  a while 450+ mbps speeds. then it lowered back to 200... so did a factory reset and its good for another 2-3 days at 400 then back to 200... the only way to get 400 is a factory reset of the router.. and its really annoying. i was reusing the ssid and password then changed it. then left it the factory after the reset nothing helps, i have no qos on no port forwarding nothing enabled or changed just factory reset and it works and i dont get it... is the router at fault or is this a bigger issue? really kinda tired of factory resetting every few days..

speeds tested wireless, and hard lined in the back of pc and a laptop. i check multiple channels on the wifi, as well as hard line different devices during tests and they all end the same 400+ for a few days then drops back and wont go over 200...

If it were me, Id check my modems siganls and log. You can do this by going to 192.168.100.1. Thats if Specturm lets you, Comcast lets me check mine. You might have a signal issue, where muliple channel are not working properly. Id also check the logs and see if there is anything in there as well. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.