Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chiyawa

Install case fans before or after motherboard

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi, I have a question:

Should you install the casing fans first before you screw in your motherboard, gpu, etc etc, or after?

I think it's better to install them after installing the motherboard in and doing any cable management.

Ballz 3D is the greatest videogame ever made.

--

Space heater PC specs:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 || GPU: PowerColor Red Dragon Radeon RX 550 4GB || Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M LX/BR || Storage: 2x 500GB HDD || Memory: 8GB DDR3 (2x 4GB 1600MHz) || PSU: CORSAIR VS500 || Keyboard & Mouse: Logitech K120, Logitech B100.

for the majority of cases it shouldn't make a huge difference

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

EVGA G3 thread, BR/BT threadSeasonic Focus thread, S12II/M12II thread, Userbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions

Just now, Fasauceome said:

There's this, too.

Unless you're working on something small which would need things to be installed in a more specific order, it shouldn't make that much of a difference.

Ballz 3D is the greatest videogame ever made.

--

Space heater PC specs:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 || GPU: PowerColor Red Dragon Radeon RX 550 4GB || Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M LX/BR || Storage: 2x 500GB HDD || Memory: 8GB DDR3 (2x 4GB 1600MHz) || PSU: CORSAIR VS500 || Keyboard & Mouse: Logitech K120, Logitech B100.

I usually install the fans first, but do their wiring as the last part of the entire build. 

When you're dealing with large air coolers it's often more difficult to install the rear fan after the motherboard.

Posted · Original PosterOP
10 hours ago, Tegos said:

I think it's better to install them after installing the motherboard in and doing any cable management.

I see.

10 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

Hmm, good to know.

10 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

I usually install the fans first, but do their wiring as the last part of the entire build. 

When you're dealing with large air coolers it's often more difficult to install the rear fan after the motherboard.

Okay, thanks for the info.

Before only if you are using rubber mounts. Those can be hard to pull tight if mobo is already in. Otherwise doesn't matter as you are screwing fans in from outside the case anyway.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv