Install case fans before or after motherboard

Chiyawa

Hi, I have a question:

Should you install the casing fans first before you screw in your motherboard, gpu, etc etc, or after?

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

for the majority of cases it shouldn't make a huge difference

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I usually install the fans first, but do their wiring as the last part of the entire build. 

When you're dealing with large air coolers it's often more difficult to install the rear fan after the motherboard.

10 hours ago, Tegos said:

I think it's better to install them after installing the motherboard in and doing any cable management.

I see.

10 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

for the majority of cases it shouldn't make a huge difference

Hmm, good to know.

10 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

I usually install the fans first, but do their wiring as the last part of the entire build. 

When you're dealing with large air coolers it's often more difficult to install the rear fan after the motherboard.

Okay, thanks for the info.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

Before only if you are using rubber mounts. Those can be hard to pull tight if mobo is already in. Otherwise doesn't matter as you are screwing fans in from outside the case anyway.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv