Iron Wolf drive

ENGINEER_H4RR7

So I bought an 8TB Seagate iron wolf drive for my storage and was installing it. Surprise, surprise, it didn't fit my drive tray. Why? When, apparently, Seagate changed its drive mounting point, by removing the center holes, sometimes in the beginning of the year and didn't bother posting it on their description. I did buy the Baracuda in the beginning of the year and fitted correctly, but they even changed that one. LOL Going to return now mine, but what should I get for large storage (8-10TB) with 7200 rpm?

26 minutes ago, ChrisUK247 said:

Daft thought cant you modify the drive tray to fit?

I have to break the middle studs of the tray, I don't want to break the studs. Also, the bottom screw holes don't align as well...

WHy not just get the barracuda if it fits? The performance difference between 5400rpn and 7200 is small, and if you want it faster, just get a ssd cache.

they changed the barracuda too, somehow I bought a 2Tb barracuda that was an older model, now it is a new one. But I can't find an older barracuda model that has 8TB on amazon.

3 minutes ago, ENGINEER_H4RR7 said:

they changed the barracuda too, somehow I bought a 2Tb barracuda that was an older model, now it is a new one. But I can't find an older barracuda model that has 8TB on amazon.

This guy should have all 6 holes on the bottom https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-BarraCuda-Internal-Drive-3-5-Inch/dp/B07H289S7C/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=ST8000DM004&qid=1571593019&sr=8-3

But really, just cut the trays, all bigger drives can't have the middle holes on the bottom as the need the space for the platters. The barracuda get away with not needs the extra platters as its smr.

23 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

This guy should have all 6 holes on the bottom https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-BarraCuda-Internal-Drive-3-5-Inch/dp/B07H289S7C/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=ST8000DM004&qid=1571593019&sr=8-3

But really, just cut the trays, all bigger drives can't have the middle holes on the bottom as the need the space for the platters. The barracuda get away with not needs the extra platters as its smr.

Thanks, most likely will get this one, sucks that is not 7200rpm, but I don't have "modify" or buy an additional tray.