Computer making weird skid noise on occasion and when powering off

Zedrux

For the past few weeks I’ve noticed that by computer has been making a strange noise. It only happens about once every 1-2 hours and I hear it every time I power my computer off. The CPU fan and cooling fan are still spinning when the noise is heard on shutdown. I suspect it could be PSU related but I could be wrong. I just bought the power supply at the beginning of this year to replace my Thermaltake Smart Series G2 model since I got an RTX card later in the year (this August). Is this anything to be concerned about? Video of sound is attached.

Specs:

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 Power Supply
ASUS H97M-E [CSM] Motherboard
Intel i7-4790 Quad Core @ 3.6 gHz
GeForce ASUS RTX 2070 DUAL 8GB
16 GB RAM (4 x 4 GB) DDR3 @ 1333 mHz

It could be a fan that is hitting something, or a hard drive. From all I know nothing else in the system should make any noise. Also next time post in the Troubleshooting section if you have an issue

2 hours ago, Genwyn said:

If you have a hard drive it’s probably a drive parking. They tend to make more noise with age and it’s not the end of the world. Fans can do that as well, when they’re fully spun up they won’t rub on anything but as they slow down gravity can cause pieces of the motor to interact.

Yea you’re right. Seems like it’s the hard drive. Took some more time to pinpoint the location of the noise and that’s where it is. Thanks!