Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zvoid

Rocket League not launching

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I just bought rocket league and when i try to launch it, it either gives me a white screen with the cursor in the loading animation or a slightly more promising black screen with the game bar thing appearing but then both immediately close to my desktop after about 5 seconds. Has anyone else had this issue; if so how do you fix it ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did some quick Googling and found this person who seems to have the same problem as you do.

Please help! White screen on launch -> PC

The fix for that person was to go to the install folder of the game -> binaries -> win32 and then delete the d3d9.dll file. I would recommend you copy the file to your desktop before deleting it, so that you can restore it if it doesn't help. Either that or rename it to d3d9.dll.old

 

Another fix was to go into the Steam Library -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options and then enter "-nomovie" into the text box.

 

 

I would recommend trying the first then the other. It seems to be a problem with the intro movie and some Direct3D library.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
7 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Did some quick Googling and found this person who seems to have the same problem as you do.

Please help! White screen on launch -> PC

The fix for that person was to go to the install folder of the game -> binaries -> win32 and then delete the d3d9.dll file. I would recommend you copy the file to your desktop before deleting it, so that you can restore it if it doesn't help. Either that or rename it to d3d9.dll.old

 

Another fix was to go into the Steam Library -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options and then enter "-nomovie" into the text box.

 

 

I would recommend trying the first then the other. It seems to be a problem with the intro movie and some Direct3D library.

how do i get into the install folder, the second one did not work

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Zvoid said:

how do i get into the install folder, the second one did not work

If the second one did not work then remove the text you added and restore it to the default configuration.

 

The install folder depends on where you installed the game from. Did you install it from Steam or the Epic Games launcher?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, LAwLz said:

If the second one did not work then remove the text you added and restore it to the default configuration.

 

The install folder depends on where you installed the game from. Did you install it from Steam or the Epic Games launcher?

steam

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zvoid said:

steam

Then I think it should be located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rocketleague\Binaries\Win32

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Then I think it should be located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rocketleague\Binaries\Win32

its not there 

Screenshot (9).png

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zvoid said:

its not there

Sadly then I don't know how to help you.

There are some crash reports in there which the Rocket League support team might need if you want help from them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited) · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

Sadly then I don't know how to help you.

There are some crash reports in there which the Rocket League support team might need if you want help from them.

i might just try reinstall it but thanks anyway 

 

Edit: Im trying to open it before deleting it and its updating so it might work

Edited by Zvoid
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×