Looking for projector for home theater

Hello, I currently have an empty home theater room and am looking to equip it with a projector or large tv. We are currently leaning towards a projector to cover around 80 to 110 inches not really sure about the space to take up but all in all I am looking for your projector recommendations because I don’t know much about them

the only thing I would recommend is if you never experienced a projector then stop at a bestbuy and just walk into one of their demo rooms that has one.

Projectors are good if you need to pack A LOT of people around one screen. But if you're only expecting maybe 4 -6 people I would highly recommend a large tv instead. 4k Projectors cost several times more than a 4k tv and typically don't look as good , but you trade slight visual quality for the shear size of the image it can make. You also need a lot of darkness in a room to get the most out of a projector while a tv can work during a daylit room just fine

thats my 2cents but theres a ton of projector video on youtube and linus has some too

As already stated their are trade offs and the ones listed are fairly accurate but to add on, unless you are going to spend a lot of money on a Laser projector (they are awesome) you will also have to expect to replace projector bulbs fairly often if you want to maintain peak brightness. projector bulbs degrade to 50% brightness fairly quickly, as in under 25-50 hours of use.  They will stick around their for some time but peak brightness is something you will not get for long.  along with that Projector bulbs can last for 2000 hours or as little as 500 hours so do all your research before picking a projector.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Optima UHD50 which is a 4K TI DLP chip projector I think it looks pretty awesome. Definitely has more then 25-50 hours on it and it definitely isn’t dim.  I think I’m around the 650hr mark. That being said projectors benefit from quite darks rooms. Everyone who I show my theatre to loves it and claim they want to build their own. Only suggestion when building a your theatre consider building a shroud around the projector to limit fan noise. A tv at comparable cost might look better but it certainly won’t have the impact of a projector in a properly set up room. I have an acoustically transparent screen and have my 18” and LCR speakers shooting through the screen just like in a movie theatre. 

04854437-AA1C-4C13-A102-8E01BC37BFFA.jpeg