Ocz Petrol 128gb

chrisbeva16

I know that the OCZ petrol range does not have too many positive reviews, but I have found a brand new 128gb one for $60. Should I get it considering it is that cheap or spend the extra money on a Samsung one for example.

Thanks

Reads and writes are a little on the slow side. I managed to grab an Ocz agility 3 120 for $90 back in October 2012, so you can grab better deals out there; shop around.

Personally, if you have money to spend, I would go with a Samsung 840 128 or possibly the 250 (the mark-up in price is marginal and worth the extra cash).

If you decide to go with your initial choice of the Petrol series drive, you'll will end up thinking you should of bought a faster and bigger drive. Always the way.

Don't cheep out on storage, you'll regret it. Obviously it's up to you but I would definitely wait and get something like an 840 (non pro), an m4, m500, or something of the like.

Workstation: 3930k @ 4.3GHz under an H100 - 4x8GB ram - infiniband HCA  - xonar essence stx - gtx 680 - sabretooth x79 - corsair C70 Server: i7 3770k (don't ask) - lsi-9260-4i used as an HBA - 6x3TB WD red (raidz2) - crucia m4's (60gb (ZIL, L2ARC), 120gb (OS)) - 4X8GB ram - infiniband HCA - define mini  Goodies: Røde podcaster w/ boom & shock mount - 3x1080p ips panels (NEC monitors for life) - k90 - g9x - sp2500's - HD598's - kvm switch

ZFS tutorial