Can you put DDR4 memory into a SODIMM slot?

After watching Linus put SODIMM into a DDR4 slot, is there a way to do it the other way around?

I first thought there was an adapter for it, but googleling it proved me wrong. Seems highly impractical anyways...

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Normal DDR4 dimm's are longer then a SODIMM so any form factor designed around it wont fit a DIMM module. Thats why you prob wont see an adapter for it.

Its still pin to pin so while it can be done, no one wants it :D 

It's not Sodium first off, sodium is a highly reactive alkaline metal. You are looking for SODIMM and there is SODIMM DDR4 but you can't as far as I am aware adapt a normal DIMM sized piece of DDR4 into a SODIMM slot, maybe it exists, I don't know of one

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

58 minutes ago, bjtoadkoops said:

After watching Linus put SODIUM into a DDR4 slot

I really hope that's a typo or an autocorrect thing.  Linus is known for doing crazy things with hardware, but that would take it to a whole new level.

There are plenty of SODIMM to DIMM adapters, but I'm not aware of any that do it the other way. 

SODIMM is typically used only in machines that don't have enough room for DIMM sticks to begin with, so there's no reason for any company to even consider making an adapter like that. 

It's impractical and a stupid concept but It's probably would be useful somewhere, just somewhere.