Fps drops and stuttering on most games - Good PC - TIRED OF THIS

4 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

i got nothing else besides that - hopefully someone comes along with better suggestions :(

No problem man, i'll try a few more things. Thanks for your time and your suggestions, i really appreciate it.

i was having a similar issue i think mine was way worse and i couldn't find a answer anywhere these were my result before and after https://www.3dmark.com/compare/spy/8492247/spy/8513099 after starting fresh for the 3rd time i decide not to download any application except steam and 3d mark and noticed it was running fine so i then downloaded Heaven benchmark and let it run in the background while installing more apps 1 by 1 then i got to corsair icue and shit hit the fan with my frames turns out Icue latest update was not playing friendly with my cpu and making it under perform badly i still dont understand why it was doing that so i just uninstalled and kept it that way. so it might be a application not playing nice i hope my story helps cause i was really frustrated for the longest time so feel your pain and i was not about to pay my local pc guy 100 for diagnostic lol 

Do you have XMP enabled? I ask because it sounded like this was your first time booting into bios. Your RAM speed is rated for 3000mhz but if you do not enable XMP, it would only be running at 2133mhz.

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 / Ryzen 5 4600H / GeForce GTX 1050 / 8 GB @ 3200MHz

53 minutes ago, NeroLobos said:

i was having a similar issue i think mine was way worse and i couldn't find a answer anywhere these were my result before and after https://www.3dmark.com/compare/spy/8492247/spy/8513099 after starting fresh for the 3rd time i decide not to download any application except steam and 3d mark and noticed it was running fine so i then downloaded Heaven benchmark and let it run in the background while installing more apps 1 by 1 then i got to corsair icue and shit hit the fan with my frames turns out Icue latest update was not playing friendly with my cpu and making it under perform badly i still dont understand why it was doing that so i just uninstalled and kept it that way. so it might be a application not playing nice i hope my story helps cause i was really frustrated for the longest time so feel your pain and i was not about to pay my local pc guy 100 for diagnostic lol 

Yes but i already tried doing that many times and no program what so ever caused my games to stutter. This is crazy :S

33 minutes ago, Brent744 said:

Do you have XMP enabled? I ask because it sounded like this was your first time booting into bios. Your RAM speed is rated for 3000mhz but if you do not enable XMP, it would only be running at 2133mhz.

I don't think i have it enable. What does XMP stands for?

6 minutes ago, luzbelivo said:

its a profile in your BIOS for your memory to run at its advertised speed.

in CPU limited scenarios if XMP isn't enabled, that could cause it. in fact, make sure your RAM are in the right slots, to ensure you are in dual channel also.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

31 minutes ago, luzbelivo said:

Xmp is manufacturer tested values that work.

But if you manually set 2133 to say 3200 it'll be using differing subtiming values autodetected to work, but not always even the XMP values.

This is why some randomized issues happen and best to compare 'Rated Speed' nonXMP vs XMP as well.

Googling "Windows 10 games freezing"

BUT choosing search timeframes of the last week or few... narrowing it down to what your hopefully looking for.

Check GPU driver forums for Driver feedback threads on whatever issues are recent..

What GPU cooler are you using.?

I was curious if a heavily fluctuating boostclock at 82*c (temp limiting boostclocks) would maybe have these stutters occur?

^but if also say it shouldn't be as prominent as it is, but who knows.. just spitballin.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

6 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Xmp is manufacturer tested values that work.

But if you manually set 2133 to say 3200 it'll be using differing subtiming values autodetected to work, but not always even the XMP values.

This is why some randomized issues happen and best to compare 'Rated Speed' nonXMP vs XMP as well.

So... do you think i should enable this XMP?

4 minutes ago, luzbelivo said:

It's standard practice to do so IMO if your capable of doing so on a Motherboard thats updated and stable.

I would.

If the Memory controller of my CPU or a function of my Motherboard shows errors using its I'd manually tune it afterwards, but I've not had to for years and years.

When it first came a thing, it was still dependant on your CPU or MOBO, depending on where or how good the IMC is (integrated memory controller) is.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

15 minutes ago, luzbelivo said:

Definitely. Also refer to your motherboard manual to make sure your RAM are in the right spots for dual channel configuration.

Now that I think on it, this makes a lot of sense to explain your stuttering issues. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

10 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

Definitely. Also refer to your motherboard manual to make sure your RAM are in the right spots for dual channel configuration.

Now that I think on it, this makes a lot of sense to explain your stuttering issues. 

They are on the correct spots, the 2nd and the 4th. I activated it but do i have to adjust the memory DRAM frequency to 'Auto' or put 3000 too?

Just now, luzbelivo said:

They are on the correct spots, the 2nd and the 4th. I activated it but do i have to adjust the memory DRAM frequency to 'Auto' or put 3000 too?

if you've enabled XMP it should go to the correct speed. once you've enabled it, go into windows and see what cpuz says your memory speed is

This is strange... look at the dram frequency. Is that okay?

image.png.24e39af92eb49d94aa3e8f6c98212979.png

9 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

if you've enabled XMP it should go to the correct speed. once you've enabled it, go into windows and see what cpuz says your memory speed is

image.png.d93635a3a5073043cf4417c7d9819af9.png

4 minutes ago, luzbelivo said:

image.png.d93635a3a5073043cf4417c7d9819af9.png

That looks like ddr4 3000 

Test out the games and report back

2 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

That looks like ddr4 3000 

Test out the games and report back

Tested CS GO and it's the same stutter, so i guess it's not the ram this time. Yet i must say that when i didn't have the XMP enabled i installed CS GO on my main SSD where i have installed the OS and i felt the game smoother. Now when i enabled this XMP the game started to stutter again. No clue at all, maybe it's my disk but i'm not certain tho. I should install the witcher on my main SSD and try it, i don't know.

Try another storage I guess and see if that helps

15 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

Try another storage I guess and see if that helps

I tried the witcher on my OS drive and stutters less. Now it doesn´t feel like a full stutter but a microstutter instead. However, it stutters lol. The thing is on my larger SSD (Where i had the 'major' stutter problems) i have installed GTA V, FIFA 19, FIFA 20 DEMO and they all work great. How can i know if it's a hardware failure?

I'm out of suggestions sadly.

Sorry man, I tried

7 hours ago, Plutosaurus said:

I'm out of suggestions sadly.

Sorry man, I tried

No problem man, thank you for everything. I'm gonna keep looking.

A number of game developers will actually recommend installing their titles on the same drive as the OS.

Definitely keep XMP enabled, otherwise there would've been no point to purchasing 3000mhz RAM. With XMP enabled and your new overclock maybe try reinstalling the game. Ensure to remove all configuration files from the documents and steamapps folders after the uninstall. Reinstall and see if anything changes.

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 / Ryzen 5 4600H / GeForce GTX 1050 / 8 GB @ 3200MHz

@luzbelivo

This guy seems to have similar problems. looks like it was his GPU that was the culprit.

So you have an alternative graphics card to try?

Do

7 hours ago, luzbelivo said:

No problem man, thank you for everything. I'm gonna keep looking.

See above

1 hour ago, Plutosaurus said:

@luzbelivo

This guy seems to have similar problems. looks like it was his GPU that was the culprit.

So you have an alternative graphics card to try?

Do

No man, impossible. I had this problems with my old Gtx 1070 and i replaced my graphics card last saturday for an RTX 2080. It's impossible the cause is the graphics card.