A few water cooling questions I have.

• How flexible is 13/19mm soft tubing? Specifically EK's https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-tube-zmt-matte-black-19-4-12-5mm
  • Will I need more or less than 1L of coolant in my loop? It consists of a GPU & a CPU block, a 280mm & a 120mm radiator, 150mm (200mm) reservoir from Singularity Computers, a pump and soft tube - all inside an NZXT H510 Elite.
  • How can I use the NZXT H510 Elite's cable bar slit to mount the reservoir? I am happy to use just one clamp at the top of the reservoir so it's as hidden as possible however I am unsure as to what brackets and mounts to use.

Thank you,
Sam

1. Always depends on materials used etc. I have no experience with this rubber stuf. I personally recommend going with Primoflex. As the name implies it IS flexible :D. It also depends on how tight turns you need to make. Can you show us how you planed the loop?

2. Largely depends on the specific components used. I assume it will be around 1L, but by 2L to be save. Also get some desired water. Run the loop for 1h (NOT longer) with pure water to get some of the manufacturing residue out. Then drain and fill in your real fluid (wich are u using?)

I strongly recommend Aquacomputer DP Ultra 

3. Cant give you specific recommendations because I don't have that case. But I also modded mine a bit to mount the res where I want it.

I used those: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-uni-holder-50-70 and drilled some holes in my case. But be CAREFULL with the metal residue when drilling! 

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

On 7/16/2019 at 5:55 PM, Metallus97 said:

1. Always depends on materials used etc. I have no experience with this rubber stuf. I personally recommend going with Primoflex. As the name implies it IS flexible :D. It also depends on how tight turns you need to make. Can you show us how you planed the loop?

2. Largely depends on the specific components used. I assume it will be around 1L, but by 2L to be save. Also get some desired water. Run the loop for 1h (NOT longer) with pure water to get some of the manufacturing residue out. Then drain and fill in your real fluid (wich are u using?)

I strongly recommend Aquacomputer DP Ultra 

3. Cant give you specific recommendations because I don't have that case. But I also modded mine a bit to mount the res where I want it.

I used those: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-uni-holder-50-70 and drilled some holes in my case. But be CAREFULL with the metal residue when drilling! 

I'm going to be using distilled water with EK's 100mL Clear Concentrate. My loop plan is attached, 1L (1:9 Concentrate:Distilled Water) fluid be enough? I just want to know whether to buy 1x or 2x of the EK Concentrate. I plan on rinsing each component of the loop when I take them out of the box with distilled water, then letting them drip dry for a few hours onto some kitchen paper to get manufacturing residue out then install them and leak test the loop carefully using just distilled water. Once that has run for an hour or so, I will drain it and then make up 1L or 2L 1:9 fluid, depending on how much came out, to then fill the loop for final. Is this all okay?
Although some parts in my model are not the ones I will be using, the port locations are all in the correct places.

right.PNG

left.PNG

The tubing is prolly the most flexible on the market. Pretty good and bad at the same time though. But I don’t mind it at all. 

Id always get more than 1l. You have no room for mistakes, especially if you want to fill the entire res for that look. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz