spec out a £2500 pc

I’ve been in and out of the hardware scene for the past 3ish years, only looking at the odd update here and there.

I’ve been having random crashing that appears and disappears randomly, replaced several parts and have gotten tired of it as it seems impossible to diagnose due to its random nature.

I’m looking into getting a pc for roughly the £2.5k mark. and id like some suggestions as to what people would recommend for that price range

i do have a 1080 it FTW3 Hybrid from evga and i don't think it is something that needs upgrading though if it bottlenecks one of the newer cpus ill definitely look into making an upgrade there.

i also like my current case and peripherals

i do want to upgrade my stupidly old benq monitor preferably with a 1440p+ panel with freesync / gsync (freesync being one of those nvidia compatible ones)

The new 3900X is looking good for my use case as i do use maya photoshop zbrush ect on the daily though i also game in my down time though i haven't looked into many other options yet.

any help you can give would be appreciated

What case do you own ?

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor  (£479.99 @ AWD-IT) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X570 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£215.97 @ Novatech) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£120.02 @ CCL Computers) 
Storage: HP - EX920 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (£130.54 @ Amazon UK) 
Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (£74.98 @ Ebuyer) 
Monitor: AOC - AG273QCX 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor  (£421.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Total: £1443.49
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-12 11:19 BST+0100

Same as @LukeSavenije cuz that clearly something i would pick. Except with a slightly better mobo. 

Very hard to go wrong when choosing X570 mobos. Almost all of them are great

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

Same as @LukeSavenije cuz that clearly something i would pick. Except with a slightly better mobo

only no postcode or debug leds, but otherwise rather solid

the prime p uses the same vrm as the z390 hero

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

the prime p uses the same vrm as the z390 hero

Indeed it does. Its a really solid VRM, but so is most x570 boards. 

Really just says what VRM is used on the Hero for what it is. 

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

only no postcode or debug leds, but otherwise rather solid

That is the one thing that sucks about it, but its at the board tier there is no point going higher

13 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

What case do you own ?

I have the phanteks enthoo evolv (non tg, tg version wasnt out when i got it)

14 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor  (£479.99 @ AWD-IT) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X570 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£215.97 @ Novatech) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£120.02 @ CCL Computers) 
Storage: HP - EX920 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (£130.54 @ Amazon UK) 
Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (£74.98 @ Ebuyer) 
Monitor: AOC - AG273QCX 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor  (£421.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Total: £1443.49
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-12 11:19 BST+0100

Same as @LukeSavenije cuz that clearly something i would pick. Except with a slightly better mobo. 

Very hard to go wrong when choosing X570 mobos. Almost all of them are great

seems good, ill probably opt for a fully modular psu and get cable mod stuff. opinion on upgrading to a 2080 / ti / super? coming from my 1080ti that is.

2 minutes ago, Tsunoda Acreo said:

seems good, ill probably opt for a fully modular psu and get cable mod stuff. opinion on upgrading to a 2080 / ti / super? coming from my 1080ti that is.

2080 performs the same as the 1080 ti

38 minutes ago, Tsunoda Acreo said:

ill probably opt for a fully modular psu

Get something like the RMx then 

48 minutes ago, Tsunoda Acreo said:

The 2080 is a bit faster, but not enough to justify the cost. I would see what performance is like with your 1080 ti first.

The Gigabyte Aorus 1440p Monitor is worth looking at as well. A bit more expensive but it is an IPS panel.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/RPCD4D/gigabyte-aorus-ad27qd-sa-270-2560x1440-144-hz-monitor-aorus-ad27qd-sa