Monitor Color Calibrating software

Bhallukbhai

Hey guys!
So was thinking about starting photo editing professionally. So I was trying to find softwares that show how color neutral my display is, or some software like the one LTT uses in their tests.
Thanks!

LTT uses an actual sensor that attaches to the monitor and calibrates it. It's not really possible to do it with software because only a physical sensor can see and measure what you see on the display. If you have a good monitor then colours should be good anyway, if it's a cheap one then you will probably never be able to get it very close to what you'll need for photo editing and stuff like that. If you live in a city then it's sometimes possible to borrow a calibrating sensor from some PC repair shops and such. Or if you want to do it just casually with what you have you can also try the nvidia image calibrating software but it won't help much if at all.

10 minutes ago, Jakub_NF said:

If you have a good monitor then colours should be good anyway,

Not true, unfortunately. My main display had a $2,000 MSRP, and came factory calibrated from Dell (complete with a printed calibration report to verify its accuracy), but was actually way off.

Most LED panels measure around 8500-8800k CCT with uncorrected tint out of the box. D65 is 6500k with no tint shift, so all displays require calibration to meet the D65 standard.

OP: X-Rite makes great products, and I prefer them over Datacolor. The X-Rite i1 Display Pro is a good colorimeter.