Pc not working properly

Recently built my dream pc with an RTX 2070 and an i9 9900k. As is popular with the i9 I started to overclock it after using the pc for about a month without overclocking. For about 3 days I overclocked it from its boost clock of 4.7 to 4.9 with no issues reaching 250 FPS in rainbow six siege, after that for one day I overclocked it to the famed 5.0 ghz with no issues until today. Today marks the second day of the cpu running at 5ghz and halfway into a siege match it crashed and gave me a blue screen. No problem, I got plenty of overclocking blue screen problems with my old pc so I decided to dial back the overclock to the stable 4.9. However, now I only reach around 100-120 FPS in siege with no discernible fix. All graphics setting are the same, preformed a cmos clear and even got rid of any overclock and it still only gets 100fps. Help is greatly appreciated.

20 minutes ago, Empty__ said:

Recently built my dream pc with an RTX 2070 and an i9 9900k. As is popular with the i9 I started to overclock it after using the pc for about a month without overclocking. For about 3 days I overclocked it from its boost clock of 4.7 to 4.9 with no issues reaching 250 FPS in rainbow six siege, after that for one day I overclocked it to the famed 5.0 ghz with no issues until today. Today marks the second day of the cpu running at 5ghz and halfway into a siege match it crashed and gave me a blue screen. No problem, I got plenty of overclocking blue screen problems with my old pc so I decided to dial back the overclock to the stable 4.9. However, now I only reach around 100-120 FPS in siege with no discernible fix. All graphics setting are the same, preformed a cmos clear and even got rid of any overclock and it still only gets 100fps. Help is greatly appreciated.

What is your Mobo? Maybe the VRMs got messed up somehow, or it just isn't strong enough.

I lurk 

HP Spectre x360 13t late 2019
Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite

Steelseries Rival 3

22 minutes ago, Empty__ said:

appreciated

Sounds like your OCing fried something.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Boinbo said:

What is your Mobo? Maybe the VRMs got messed up somehow, or it just isn't strong enough.

My mobo is the asus rog Maximus xi hero WiFi 

Just now, Empty__ said:

My mobo is the asus rog Maximus xi hero WiFi 

Uhh, that's weird then. Maybe you don't have enough cooling, and now it's fried something?

I lurk 

Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite

Steelseries Rival 3

Just now, Boinbo said:

Uhh, that's weird then. Maybe you don't have enough cooling, and now it's fried something?

Everything seems to be working fine and temps don’t go above 70c. Nothing should be fried as I didn’t up the voltage at all (until it crashed in which I changed the voltage from 0.925 to 0.930) then after that didn’t boot I changed everything back to auto. Really hope it’s not the mobo or any other fried component cause my return policy windows are closed 

Just now, Empty__ said:

Everything seems to be working fine and temps don’t go above 70c. Nothing should be fried as I didn’t up the voltage at all (until it crashed in which I changed the voltage from 0.925 to 0.930) then after that didn’t boot I changed everything back to auto. Really hope it’s not the mobo or any other fried component cause my return policy windows are closed 

Yeah I'm really not sure. Will post to my discord and let's see if my friends will help

I lurk 

Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite

Steelseries Rival 3

9 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Sounds like your OCing fried something.

Maybe but what could t have fried? Like I said I only changed the voltage today from the auto 0.925 to 0.930. Further, I’m currently on 0.986 in the bios reading.

image.jpg

4 minutes ago, Boinbo said:

Yeah I'm really not sure. Will post to my discord and let's see if my friends will help

Thank you, I don’t know what the issue could be and I’m almost certain I didn’t fry anything as the I didn’t change the voltage until after the crash. Further I a am currently at 0.986v in the bios so I don’t thing my minute change should have damaged anything.

image.jpg

3 minutes ago, Empty__ said:

Thank you, I don’t know what the issue could be and I’m almost certain I didn’t fry anything as the I didn’t change the voltage until after the crash. Further I a am currently at 0.986v in the bios so I don’t thing my minute change should have damaged anything.

image.jpg

You have a golden chip. The problem is that is nowhere bear enough volts you need.

I lurk 

Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite

Steelseries Rival 3

2 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

how are cpu and gpu usages in game?

Gpu hovers around 90% usage while the cpu is around 50-60% usage. For me this is normal and it has been this way since I built it which shouldn’t warrant the sudden FPS drop. 

Just now, Empty__ said:

Gpu hovers around 90% usage while the cpu is around 50-60% usage. For me this is normal and it has been this way since I built it which shouldn’t warrant the sudden FPS drop. 

clockspeeds are at 4.7 in game for cpu i assume?

3 minutes ago, Boinbo said:

You have a golden chip. The problem is that is nowhere bear enough volts you need.

Interesting, I know the i9 is a little beast of a chip but the doesn’t explain why I’m still not able to reach the 250 FPS I used to be able to.

Just now, Empty__ said:

Interesting, I know the i9 is a little beast of a chip but the doesn’t explain why I’m still not able to reach the 250 FPS I used to be able to.

Did you up ur voltage to 1.3 like I said to in the dm?

I lurk 

Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite

Steelseries Rival 3

1 minute ago, _d0nut said:

clockspeeds are at 4.7 in game for cpu i assume?

Yes when I didn’t overclock it the cpu boosted to 4.7 and was stable hitting only around 60-65c which was fine but I did overclock it to 4.9 which also ran perfectly.

1 minute ago, Boinbo said:

Did you up ur voltage to 1.3 like I said to in the dm?

I have not (away from the pc at the moment) but if I want to dial back the overclock for troubleshooting purposes shouldn’t the auto mode on the mobo take care of the rest like it did in the past? 

Just now, Empty__ said:

I have not (away from the pc at the moment) but if I want to dial back the overclock for troubleshooting purposes shouldn’t the auto mode on the mobo take care of the rest like it did in the past? 

I'm not sure about that, tbh.

I lurk 

Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite

Steelseries Rival 3

1 minute ago, Boinbo said:

I'm not sure about that, tbh.

I’ll try the increased voltage once I get back but I doubt I harmed anything in the system. If the problem can’t be settled here I am likely going to take the system to my local micro center. 

Just now, Empty__ said:

I’ll try the increased voltage once I get back but I doubt I harmed anything in the system. If the problem can’t be settled here I am likely going to take the system to my local micro center. 

Good choice

I lurk 

Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite

Steelseries Rival 3