help with build ( choosing cpu)

So, I wont be able to build an entirely new pc till probably October , by then ryzen 3000 series will be out , right now I have an i3 4170 and an rx 480 I could overclock I could upgrade to a 4790k used for like 150 and get a bigger psu call it a day and play some games and then resell the entire pc in october and build a new one, ryzen 5 3600 , 1660 ti , 16gb of ram etc etc. Only issues i have with the upgrade then sell as a whole ism, DDR3 and is it worth dropping about 200$ for the cpu and power supply. Although i could probably sell the entire thing on ebay for $500, thoughts? general discussion? just advice in general thanks 

I wouldn't put anymore money in your old system. I would sell as is and save the rest for the new system. It's not worth it to spend  $200+ on a 4790k and a power supply just to maybe make that back when you sell the system in a few months.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

36 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

I wouldn't put anymore money in your old system. I would sell as is and save the rest for the new system. It's not worth it to spend  $200+ on a 4790k and a power supply just to maybe make that back when you sell the system in a few months.

what if i stuck with this build with the 4790k since it performs really well and just didnt build an entire new computer in october, not sure if i should upgrade get pretty good performance out of it and stick with it until i build a new one or not

4 minutes ago, Jordan_C21 said:

what if i stuck with this build with the 4790k since it performs really well and just didnt build an entire new computer in october, not sure if i should upgrade get pretty good performance out of it and stick with it until i build a new one or not

It's really up to you, if it were me I'd wait until I had a decent bit of money saved up and go for Ryzen 3000. Putting money into an outdated system/platform especially 4th gen intel unless you get it for a steal isn't worth it. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

36 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

It's really up to you, if it were me I'd wait until I had a decent bit of money saved up and go for Ryzen 3000. Putting money into an outdated system/platform especially 4th gen intel unless you get it for a steal isn't worth it. 

thats what i was leaning towards anyways i was just exploring all options so its well thought out , thanks man