New GPU fan makes buzzing noise

HypeTrains

I just this week got a 1660ti, and the first day I had it it ran smooth with no issues.  However the next morning the right fan started making a buzzing sound, like there was a piece of paper being put into the fan.  Is this bad? Should I RMA the card?  My temps don't exceed the mid 70s anyways.

Seeing that this can be a reoccurring problem throughout the graphics card enthusiast community you are most likely experiencing coil whine. I would recommend to RMA the card.

My card had that problem when I first got it.  It was striking either the LED cable or the fan cable.  If you can push a cable out of the way then that should solve it for you.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

2 minutes ago, nick name said:

My card had that problem when I first got it.  It was striking either the LED cable or the fan cable.  If you can push a cable out of the way then that should solve it for you.  

If you find this to be the cause of the problem use some E-tape to hold the cable because vibrations will probably have it come lose again,

22 hours ago, VinZie said:

Seeing that this can be a reoccurring problem throughout the graphics card enthusiast community you are most likely experiencing coil whine. I would recommend to RMA the card.

I just ran heaven for about 5 minutes and got the card to the mid to high 60s and as soon as it hit 70% on the fan speed then it started making the noise.  But it is definitely not coil whine, something is definitely rubbing.  I am going to RMA it later today I guess.

4 minutes ago, HypeTrains said:

I just ran heaven for about 5 minutes and got the card to the mid to high 60s and as soon as it hit 70% on the fan speed then it started making the noise.  But it is definitely not coil whine, something is definitely rubbing.  I am going to RMA it later today I guess.

I recommend that option!