Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vectraat

Finalizing Build. Buying tomorrow. Is this list good?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

-Ok, I'll explain some of my thinking behind this list (I may be wrong as I'm not a tech expert/enthusiast). I should note that I'm buying tomorrow from a local shop. So telling me to wait 2.5+ weeks for Ryzen 3rd gen or telling me to wait even longer for Nvidia isn't going to work for me as I've already waited a week longer then what I wanted to; I simply can't wait unfortunately. Normally I'd be happy to wait an extra month or two for superior hardware at a cheaper price, but I just can't do it this time around. 

-I don't plan to overclock, but people are still recommended K processors and Z motherboards due to being "higher quality", whether that's true or not, I don't know. I will say that it kind of sucks to spend $136 on a CPU cooler if a stock fan would be adequate. But if an aftermarket is quieter than stock, maybe I'm ok with it. And if I decide to OC later on then I have the option to do so. 

-Is the motherboard fine, or can I get something better for the same price point? (Keeping in mind, I need the motherboard to work with my RGB options which I'm listing below).

-Will the RGB in the G.Skill RAM be fully functional with this computer via software, or should I buy the Corsair equivalent (which is more expensive, but may offer better RGB compatibility?)

-I'm told an NVMe SSD will take up 2x SATA slots, and I don't want to waste an extra SATA slot as this motherboard only supports 6 and I don't want to buy a card for more SATA support. (I pretty much plan on using all 6). 

-Out of the 2070 GPU's is this the best bet for the price point? Personally, I don't know if I need a 2070 GPU, but there may be some AAA titles I'll want to play and I don't want to dial back the graphics too much. 

-Is the PSU fine? 

-Couldn't fine these RGB components on PCPartPicker, but maybe they are and I missed it. Should I go with one over the other and will either be fully functional via software?   
https://www.amazon.ca/Cooler-Master-MCA-U000R-CLS000-Accessory-Universal-Connector/dp/B0776YX8DT
https://www.amazon.ca/DEEPCOOL-RGB-200PRO-Addressable-Synchronized/dp/B07DDBJFNM

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

ok so build looks fine.  In terms of mobo, thats a fine mobo, only other one i can think of would be something from aours but not sure what there prices are in canada.  I am almost sure that gskill ram works with asus aura sync but i would double check to make sure.  The corsair RAM will not work with asus aura (or at least i cant get it to work).  while NVMe drives are great, you wont notice day to day preformance differences between that and a sata ssd unless you are constantly writing to it.  All of the 2070's are within margin of error in terms of performance so go with which ever one you think looks better.  and finally your psu is perfectly fine but you could get something that has a lower wattage like a 650w to save some money other wise build looks all good


Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 5 2600x, Asus Prime x470-pro, Asus strix gtx 1070 ti, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2tb seagate firecuda sshd,  NZXT H700i, EK Supremacy evo am4 RGB, EK strix 1080 full cover block, EK X-Res 140 d4 pump, EK SE 240mm Rad, EK SE 280mm Rad

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, xdeathshot20 said:

ok so build looks fine.  In terms of mobo, thats a fine mobo, only other one i can think of would be something from aours but not sure what there prices are in canada.  I am almost sure that gskill ram works with asus aura sync but i would double check to make sure.  The corsair RAM will not work with asus aura (or at least i cant get it to work).  while NVMe drives are great, you wont notice day to day preformance differences between that and a sata ssd unless you are constantly writing to it.  All of the 2070's are within margin of error in terms of performance so go with which ever one you think looks better.  and finally your psu is perfectly fine but you could get something that has a lower wattage like a 650w to save some money other wise build looks all good

Yeah, I heard about Gigabyte Aorus, but I don't know anything about those boards and whether Aorus work with my RGB selections. Hmm strange, I had someone tell me that Corsair RGB RAM works with this motherboard. When you say it "doesn't work", what are you referring to? Patterns don't work (just solid colors), or there's no way to control it via software? Yeah, NVMe is good, but 2 slots is no good for me. I don't particularly care for 'the look' of the 2070 EVGA, but don't they offer better support/warranty than their competitors? That seems like a better criteria to base a decision off of vs looks. Then again, maybe EVGA used to offer better support years ago, and now they don't. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
10 minutes ago, xdeathshot20 said:

ok so build looks fine.  In terms of mobo, thats a fine mobo, only other one i can think of would be something from aours but not sure what there prices are in canada.  I am almost sure that gskill ram works with asus aura sync but i would double check to make sure.  The corsair RAM will not work with asus aura (or at least i cant get it to work).  while NVMe drives are great, you wont notice day to day preformance differences between that and a sata ssd unless you are constantly writing to it.  All of the 2070's are within margin of error in terms of performance so go with which ever one you think looks better.  and finally your psu is perfectly fine but you could get something that has a lower wattage like a 650w to save some money other wise build looks all good

Well, this does not seem good if all 2070's are within a margin of error:
https://www.newegg.ca/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2070-gv-n2070wf3-8gc/p/N82E16814932091

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you do not plan to overclock the only reasons for getting an unlocked (K) cpu is resale value and the slightly higher clocks, (~100MHz).

 

If you do get an unlocked cpu but have no plans to overclock it, there is no need to buy a top of the line cpu cooler. 

 

Here is a non overclockable system using the locked i7-8700. Performance will be very closed to a stock i7-8700K. I've suggested a lower capacity psu. It will provide more than enough power and allow for upgrades. I've also suggested a newer case with a USB Gen 2 Type-C connector on the front. The motherboard has the appropriate connection. All of the RGB can be synchronized with Gigabyte's RGB Fusion.

 

Edit: 

 

Big oops, two cpu coolers.

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($406.95 @ shopRBC) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H7 49 CFM CPU Cooler  ($52.26 @ Newegg Canada Marketplace) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - H370 AORUS Gaming 3 WIFI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($181.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($143.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($199.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB GAMING 8G Video Card  ($685.00 @ Mike's Computer Shop) 
Case: Fractal Design - S2 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($169.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Total: $1950.16
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-19 21:12 EDT-0400


80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vectraat said:

Yeah, I heard about Gigabyte Aorus, but I don't know anything about those boards and whether Aorus work with my RGB selections. Hmm strange, I had someone tell me that Corsair RGB RAM works with this motherboard. When you say it "doesn't work", what are you referring to? Patterns don't work (just solid colors), or there's no way to control it via software? Yeah, NVMe is good, but 2 slots is no good for me. I don't particularly care for 'the look' of the 2070 EVGA, but don't they offer better support/warranty than their competitors? That seems like a better criteria to base a decision off of vs looks. Then again, maybe EVGA used to offer better support years ago, and now they don't. 

so the ram uses its own software in the form of corsair iCUE, im pretty sure you cannot sync it with asus mobos so the lights wont match.  EVGA does offer probaly one of or the best warranty last time i checked so if they still offer the same warranty like before which was basically covers anything even if you water cool it then go with EVGA.  but if you are concerned with performance, look up benchmarks for each card


Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 5 2600x, Asus Prime x470-pro, Asus strix gtx 1070 ti, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2tb seagate firecuda sshd,  NZXT H700i, EK Supremacy evo am4 RGB, EK strix 1080 full cover block, EK X-Res 140 d4 pump, EK SE 240mm Rad, EK SE 280mm Rad

Link to post
Share on other sites

My main question is why spend all that money on an air cooler for your CPU instead of going with a fancy 240 rad from say Corsair that gets you more fancy RGB for about the same price? 

 

Edit: There are also cheaper 2070 cards. I personaly like the look of the Gigabyte Windforce card with the all black, and it comes in at way cheaper. Also, there are many times the Asus 2070 cards go on sale.


My First (Current) Build:

Ryzen 7 2700 (3.90 1.35v OC) | Asus Prime X470 Pro | G.Skill Ripjaws V 16gb 3200 | Inland Professional 512gb M.2 NVME | Samsung 860 Evo Sata M.2 1TB | Corsair H115i Platinum | Corsair ML 140 RGB Fans | Fractal Design Meshify C | EVGA RTX 2070 XC Ultra

 

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 13t Gem Cut (i7 8565u, 240gb, 8gb mem)

 

My Ride:

2015 VW Golf TDI Sportwagen

Eventually an XJ manual...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, ProfBrown said:

My main question is why spend all that money on an air cooler for your CPU instead of going with a fancy 240 rad from say Corsair that gets you more fancy RGB for about the same price? 

 

Edit: There are also cheaper 2070 cards. I personaly like the look of the Gigabyte Windforce card with the all black, and it comes in at way cheaper. Also, there are many times the Asus 2070 cards go on sale.

Yes, the Windforce looks better, but the comments @ Newegg don't seem so reassuring:
https://www.newegg.ca/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2070-gv-n2070wf3-8gc/p/N82E16814932091

Originally I considered going for an AIO like an NZXT because I think it looks way better than a big ugly air cooler, but I don't want to deal with potential leaks or any other issue--even if they're rare--and they're louder. I'm not tech-savvy enough to deal with that drama. Also, when I priced them out, they were more expensive vs air cooling solutions and I'm already over-budget. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
13 minutes ago, brob said:

If you do not plan to overclock the only reasons for getting an unlocked (K) cpu is resale value and the slightly higher clocks, (~100MHz).

 

If you do get an unlocked cpu but have no plans to overclock it, there is no need to buy a top of the line cpu cooler

 

Here is a non overclockable system using the locked i7-8700. Performance will be very closed to a stock i7-8700K. I've suggested a lower capacity psu. It will provide more than enough power and allow for upgrades. I've also suggested a newer case with a USB Gen 2 Type-C connector on the front. The motherboard has the appropriate connection. All of the RGB can be synchronized with the Gigabyte's RGB Fusion.

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($406.95 @ shopRBC) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H7 49 CFM CPU Cooler  ($52.26 @ Newegg Canada Marketplace) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($136.24 @ Amazon Canada) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - H370 AORUS Gaming 3 WIFI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($181.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($143.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($199.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB GAMING 8G Video Card  ($685.00 @ Mike's Computer Shop) 
Case: Fractal Design - S2 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($169.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Total: $2086.40
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-19 20:25 EDT-0400

So the G.Skill RAM, Cooler Master and DeepCool RGB options I've mentioned in my OP ca be synced with the GB Aorus board you've linked, and It's a better board than the Asus? I should say, I'm never upgrading this computer. So It has to last me for the next 5 years at least. I've already bought and paid for the case in my OP. It's non-negotiable. (There are specific reasons for me buying that case, but won't get into it here). You can get USB type C with the Define R6 anyway, but I decided not to go for it because I don't need it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

All the components in the build I listed are compatible with Gigabyte RGB Fusion.

 

The deepcool link in the OP links a page that shows RGB Fusion compatibility.

 

The Cooler Master product web page suggests it will work on any motherboard. I have no experience with it.

 

If you want RGB fans, Cooler Master has some that are RGB Fusion compatible.

 

The Aorus motherboard I listed is not really suitable for use with an i7-8700K.


80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, brob said:

All the components in the build I listed are compatible with Gigabyte RGB Fusion.

 

The deepcool link in the OP links a page that shows RGB Fusion compatibility.

 

The Cooler Master product web page suggests it will work on any motherboard. I have no experience with it.

 

The Aorus motherboard I listed is not really suitable for use with an i7-8700K.

Excuse my ignorance, but if you're recommending a non-OC processor, why not just use the stock fan? Also, do you have a few more fan options to recommend? I'm kinda picky about looks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, so I just ready your above reply after making this list lol. So I suppose the case is a non issue. But here is a quick (and possibly flawed) build sheet. Saved quite a few pennies, but this way around gets one software to control all the internals of the case, and maybe even some of your peripherals. With you not wanting to overclock, the non K is a simple choice to save some dough, you also wont need a super high end board (least not one made for overclocking) so I picked one that looked good, but is a better chip set for the cooling. PSU is a 80+ gold, 2070 is on sale for a decent price, triple fan set up. The case fans (after adding a commander pro) will all be controlled by the corsair iCue software including the RGB on the ram, and the pump head (the AIO looks pretty good and I am using a used AIO and have had no leaking issues yet, and neither has the previous owner). This way around you get better cooling on your parts in your case, as well as enough fans for intake and exhaust. Also this way around you get more storage on an NVME drive. Now some might knock this specific M.2 drive, but it is Micro Centers house brand, and I am liking mine so far, with no issues at all. 

 

EDIT: My mistake, you are north of the border... Prices are about the same of my list and yours....

 

 


My First (Current) Build:

Ryzen 7 2700 (3.90 1.35v OC) | Asus Prime X470 Pro | G.Skill Ripjaws V 16gb 3200 | Inland Professional 512gb M.2 NVME | Samsung 860 Evo Sata M.2 1TB | Corsair H115i Platinum | Corsair ML 140 RGB Fans | Fractal Design Meshify C | EVGA RTX 2070 XC Ultra

 

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 13t Gem Cut (i7 8565u, 240gb, 8gb mem)

 

My Ride:

2015 VW Golf TDI Sportwagen

Eventually an XJ manual...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vectraat said:

Excuse my ignorance, but if you're recommending a non-OC processor, why not just use the stock fan? Also, do you have a few more fan options to recommend? I'm kinda picky about looks. 

You could use the stock cpu cooler. It will do a decent job.

 

Gigabyte RGB Fusion compatibility page https://www.gigabyte.com/mb/rgb/ready. Fans are a ways down.

 

 


80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ProfBrown said:

Okay, so I just ready your above reply after making this list lol. So I suppose the case is a non issue. But here is a quick (and possibly flawed) build sheet. Saved quite a few pennies, but this way around gets one software to control all the internals of the case, and maybe even some of your peripherals. With you not wanting to overclock, the non K is a simple choice to save some dough, you also wont need a super high end board (least not one made for overclocking) so I picked one that looked good, but is a better chip set for the cooling. PSU is a 80+ gold, 2070 is on sale for a decent price, triple fan set up. The case fans (after adding a commander pro) will all be controlled by the corsair iCue software including the RGB on the ram, and the pump head (the AIO looks pretty good and I am using a used AIO and have had no leaking issues yet, and neither has the previous owner). This way around you get better cooling on your parts in your case, as well as enough fans for intake and exhaust. Also this way around you get more storage on an NVME drive. Now some might knock this specific M.2 drive, but it is Micro Centers house brand, and I am liking mine so far, with no issues at all. 

 

 

The op is in Canada going off his pcpartpicker link, and that is a bad spec anyway as there is lots of wasted money on unnecessary parts like the cooler and extra fans. That board is meh as well.


Winter is Coming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, ProfBrown said:

Okay, so I just ready your above reply after making this list lol. So I suppose the case is a non issue. But here is a quick (and possibly flawed) build sheet. Saved quite a few pennies, but this way around gets one software to control all the internals of the case, and maybe even some of your peripherals. With you not wanting to overclock, the non K is a simple choice to save some dough, you also wont need a super high end board (least not one made for overclocking) so I picked one that looked good, but is a better chip set for the cooling. PSU is a 80+ gold, 2070 is on sale for a decent price, triple fan set up. The case fans (after adding a commander pro) will all be controlled by the corsair iCue software including the RGB on the ram, and the pump head (the AIO looks pretty good and I am using a used AIO and have had no leaking issues yet, and neither has the previous owner). This way around you get better cooling on your parts in your case, as well as enough fans for intake and exhaust. Also this way around you get more storage on an NVME drive. Now some might knock this specific M.2 drive, but it is Micro Centers house brand, and I am liking mine so far, with no issues at all. 

 

 

Dude, you're killing me here. No offense, but why even respond if you're not confident in your gear list. The EVGA G3 has issues. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd go with a 9600K instead of the 8700 for gaming. It's cheaper and performs better in almost every title, and it performs the same as the 8700K in most titles for much less. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lee32uk said:

The op is in Canada going off his pcpartpicker link, and that is a bad spec anyway as there is lots of wasted money on unnecessary parts like the cooler and extra fans. That board is meh as well.

Yeah the main price I just realized after the fact was Canada. The extra fans were just to promote air flow in general and the RGB behind it as the OP obviously wants RGB in his build with the RGB ram. The cooler is again because of RGB and in his first list he had an air cooler that was almost as expensive lol.


My First (Current) Build:

Ryzen 7 2700 (3.90 1.35v OC) | Asus Prime X470 Pro | G.Skill Ripjaws V 16gb 3200 | Inland Professional 512gb M.2 NVME | Samsung 860 Evo Sata M.2 1TB | Corsair H115i Platinum | Corsair ML 140 RGB Fans | Fractal Design Meshify C | EVGA RTX 2070 XC Ultra

 

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 13t Gem Cut (i7 8565u, 240gb, 8gb mem)

 

My Ride:

2015 VW Golf TDI Sportwagen

Eventually an XJ manual...

Link to post
Share on other sites

A real way to save some money would be to go AMD anyways lol.


My First (Current) Build:

Ryzen 7 2700 (3.90 1.35v OC) | Asus Prime X470 Pro | G.Skill Ripjaws V 16gb 3200 | Inland Professional 512gb M.2 NVME | Samsung 860 Evo Sata M.2 1TB | Corsair H115i Platinum | Corsair ML 140 RGB Fans | Fractal Design Meshify C | EVGA RTX 2070 XC Ultra

 

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 13t Gem Cut (i7 8565u, 240gb, 8gb mem)

 

My Ride:

2015 VW Golf TDI Sportwagen

Eventually an XJ manual...

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Vectraat said:

Excuse my ignorance, but if you're recommending a non-OC processor, why not just use the stock fan? Also, do you have a few more fan options to recommend? I'm kinda picky about looks. 

I've updated my original build as it accidentally included two cpu coolers, not one.


80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Vectraat said:

Dude, you're killing me here. No offense, but why even respond if you're not confident in your gear list. The EVGA G3 has issues. 

LOL, just trying to help, but I guess I'll shut up then. My EVGA G3 (while new) is still working just fine, and I have no complaints.... 


My First (Current) Build:

Ryzen 7 2700 (3.90 1.35v OC) | Asus Prime X470 Pro | G.Skill Ripjaws V 16gb 3200 | Inland Professional 512gb M.2 NVME | Samsung 860 Evo Sata M.2 1TB | Corsair H115i Platinum | Corsair ML 140 RGB Fans | Fractal Design Meshify C | EVGA RTX 2070 XC Ultra

 

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 13t Gem Cut (i7 8565u, 240gb, 8gb mem)

 

My Ride:

2015 VW Golf TDI Sportwagen

Eventually an XJ manual...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, brob said:

I've updated my original build as it accidentally included two cpu coolers, not one.

Thanks, mind updating the case?
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/YXPKHx/fractal-design-define-r6-blackout-tg-atx-mid-tower-case-fd-ca-def-r6-bko-tg

You are confident in your GB GPU choice? Gotta say, I'm kinda leery after reading the Newegg comments about their WINDFORCE offering, but the GAMING OC seems to be fine. 

Someone else here mentioned: "9600K instead for gaming. It's cheaper and performs better in almost every title."

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

Ugh, I don't know anymore. I think I'm all burnt out on trying to pick the best build for the $ (with the exception of ignoring AMD that is). In most scenarios I don't have the expertise to know what is better or what is worse. There's a $154.49 difference between the MB you're suggesting vs the one I picked. I'd think that has to account for something. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vectraat said:

Thanks, mind updating the case?
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/YXPKHx/fractal-design-define-r6-blackout-tg-atx-mid-tower-case-fd-ca-def-r6-bko-tg

You are confident in your GB GPU choice? Gotta say, I'm kinda leery after reading the Newegg comments about their WINDFORCE offering, but the GAMING OC seems to be fine. 

Someone else here mentioned: "9600K instead for gaming. It's cheaper and performs better in almost every title."

 

Is there some reason to prefer the R6 over the S2? There is an R6 with USB-C, but it is a fair bit more expensive.

 

So here is a build with the i5-9600K cpu on a decent mid-range motherboard in an R6 case.

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel - Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($309.00 @ Canada Computers) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock 4 CPU Cooler  ($99.90 @ Newegg Canada Marketplace) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($214.50 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($143.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($199.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB GAMING 8G Video Card  ($685.00 @ Mike's Computer Shop) 
Case: Fractal Design - Define R6 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($179.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($119.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Total: $1952.36
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-19 21:36 EDT-0400


80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Vectraat said:

Ugh, I don't know anymore. I think I'm all burnt out on trying to pick the best build for the $ (with the exception of ignoring AMD that is). In most scenarios I don't have the expertise to know what is better or what is worse. There's a $154.49 difference between the MB you're suggesting vs the one I picked. I'd think that has to account for something. 

The UD is a great pairing for the 9600K. You'd only go higher than that for better VRMs for overclocking the 9700K or 9900K.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×