Good monitor choice?

Xiauj

Hey,

So I'm currently monitor shopping for a brand new Ultrawide monitor to replace My 3x 27"-Monitor setup. I kinda like the idea of an Ultrawide and I was just wondering if this monitor (<- click here) was a good choice for its price and specs and for doing things like Gaming/Watching-Films/3D-Modelling/Video&Picture-Editing/etc... What I'm mainly looking for, is a monitor that has most of the following specs:

Spoiler

An IPS or VA Panel for some very good colours/brightness/etc.

A 3440x1440 Resolution but they seem to be £600+ GBP which is out of My budget, slightly.

HDR10 primarily because I hear it's really good for the picture/quality/colours/brightness when Gaming/Editing/Film-watching/doing-whatever..

The Hz and Response Time (ms) I'm not too bothered about, so long as it's not 5ms+ and that it has 60Hz+

Sooo.., is this LG Monitor a good monitor? :P

Thanks!

Hey I'm Xiauj ^_^ Wassup :3

16 minutes ago, Xiauj said:

Go for a 1440p 21:9 display, it'll probably have free-sync

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

6 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Go for a 1440p 21:9 display, it'll probably have free-sync

Errr......... I already am? That is what I'm looking for as described. I was asking if this monitor is good for the price/features it has and if there's any similar ones.. :|

Edited by Xiauj

2 minutes ago, Xiauj said:

Errr......... I already am? That is what I'm looking as described. I was asking if this monitor is good for the price/features it has and if there's any similar ones.. :|

The one you linked has 1080p right on the page?

If you're fine with 60hz there's some lower price options

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#r=344001440&amp;D=60000,240000&amp;sort=price&amp;A=2

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

The one you linked has 1080p right on the page?

If you're fine with 60hz there's some lower price options

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#r=344001440&amp;D=60000,240000&amp;sort=price&amp;A=2

Most of those from what I can see don't have HDR10 which is mainly what I'm looking for along with IPS/VA, decent Hz/Response-Time(ms).

The only reason I say this is because the type of things I'd be doing, I would want the best possible picture quality :). I just heard that HDR10 is pretty damn good apparently.

EDIT: I wish PCPartPicker seriously added HDR -_-

Edited by Xiauj

3 minutes ago, Xiauj said:

HDR is just a meme on PC monitors anyways, most of them aren't bright enough to really make use of it. Just pick up a 4k HDR TV on the side at some point in the future

Spoiler

HDR is just a meme on PC monitors anyways, most of them aren't bright enough to really make use of it.

Really? Are you sure? Ok then. I've never heard that before.

Just pick up a 4k HDR TV on the side at some point in the future

I was thinking about a 4k HDR10 TV but I dunno how I feel about using it as a monitor. That and the fact that 40+ Inches (size) would be wayyyy too big; anywhere between 20 Inches and 35-ish Inches is fine though. Because like, 40+ Inches is a decent ish size for TVs, I think?

5 minutes ago, Xiauj said:

Really? Are you sure? Ok then. I've never heard that before.

I was thinking about a 4k HDR10 TV but I dunno how I feel about using it as a monitor. That and the fact that 40+ Inches (size) would be wayyyy too big; anywhere between 20 Inches and 35-ish Inches is fine though.

Things might have changed in a year, but that seems a bit unlikely.

Some very expensive monitors are likely to have the specs to do proper HDR, probably need to look at the free-sync 2 displays for that.

a TV as a monitor should be mostly fine, but a 40" TV isn't much bigger than a 34" ultrawide? And it gives you more vertical pixels with 4k.

Spoiler

oh and btw, an ultrawide has nowhere as much real estate as a pair of 4:3 monitors, let alone 3 16:9 monitors. a trio of 16:9s has more than 2x the space. I'd reccommend a pair of 31.5" 4k monitors

@Streetguru & @Firewrath9 Ok so, putting HDR10 aside for a minute here..,

What should I now be looking for to get the best picture quality for Games/Films/Picture&Video-Editing/Modelling? Because now I'm a bit confused on what to focus on when looking at the specs. And also My budget is around £350-£500 max.

I can see a Samsung Ultrawide-QHD (UWQHD) for under £400 but I dunno if it's better than the LG one. I was also tempted by the BenQ EX3501R 3440x1440 Monitor but it's a bit too expensive for Me currently. Any other recommendations + advice?

52 minutes ago, Xiauj said:

Just need a VA or IPS panel then check reviews for the display, most will be fine anyways.

Spoiler