I have an odd problem with my HDD

onatatmaca

Hi,

For the last week, I've been experiencing a really frustrating problem with my HDD. Even though my Windows OS is installed on my SSD (Force Series™ MP510 240GB M.2 SSD) and there is absolutely no reason for my HDD to run during normal computer usage (since only games are installed on my HDD), all of a sudden the usage on my HDD spikes up to %100 percent and it freezes my computer for half a second or so. This is not a huge problem, but sometimes it becomes more frequent than usual and I feel very frustrated because of that. 

Things I've tried:

Uninstalling Intel Rapid Storage Technology program

Setting my laptop to maximum performance

Thank you in advance...

(Disk 0 is my SSD, and Disk 1 is my HDD.)

Screenshot_11.png

Have a look at your page file configuration. It may be using the HDD. 

You could also unplug the HDD and use the PC for a bit to see if any problems occur.

If you have any launchers running, they will access the HDD occasionally for game update checks.  If its freezing the system the drive has possibly parked the heads or entered some sort of native power saving mode that is not triggered by Windows.

3 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Have a look at your page file configuration. It may be using the HDD. 

You could also unplug the HDD and use the PC for a bit to see if any problems occur.

The initial size was 400, and the maximum size was 12000. I changed that to "System managed size" and I have the same problem again.

4 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

If you have any launchers running, they will access the HDD occasionally for game update checks.  If its freezing the system the drive has possibly parked the heads or entered some sort of native power saving mode that is not triggered by Windows.

I currently have no launchers open, but the problem continues on.

5 minutes ago, onatatmaca said:

I currently have no launchers open, but the problem continues on.

Get a program to read the SMART values from the HDD.  It may be reallocating sectors.

Windows will occasionally re-organize stuff on HDDs for faster load times for the most active files, but this should not freeze the system while its happening.

2 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Get a program to read the SMART values from the HDD.  It may be reallocating sectors.

Windows will occasionally re-organize stuff on HDDs for faster load times for the most active files, but this should not freeze the system while its happening.

Uhh, I'm confused, what am I supposed to do exactly?