Need A Video Editing Monitor

red_jelly

Hello fellow LinusTech forum members, i'm currently looking for a new monitor for my computer. I would like it to be optimized for video editing and 3D work also if it can do games aswell then that would be awesome. I've currently got two samsung SyncMaster 226BW monitors they are 1650 by 1050 in res.

I've got a GTX670 if that helps and i would like it to be under $200 AUD.

Thankyou

Cpu: 5820K @4.0GHz   Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-SLI    Ram: Patriot Signature 16GB @ 2133   GPU: Gigabyte G1 980  Soundcard: ASUS DX  

Speakers: Logitech Z906 and Astro A40's   Keyboard: Logitech G510

I saw JUST the thing for you the other day..  I also edit videos and I'm considering investing in this..  yet I already have to many monitors so maybe not lol

As you probably know, Linus would suggest an IPS monitor as I'm also from australia I happen to know where to get parts from :P

The product: Viewsonic VX2370Smh-LED

Its a 1080p IPS Display

The Products page on viewsonics website: http://www.viewsonic.com/us/vx2370smh-led.html

Where to buy from: http://www.msy.com.au/product.jsp?productId=10698

My only concern is the 7ms GTG response tie..  Usually the actual response time is a bit longer than this...  If you can test the monitor at all at an MSY store or something first, then I would recomend that..  But if the response time is ok, then its something you should seriously consider purchasing as the colour reproduction should be stunning

My Meme Proudly Featured on the Live-Stream: http://prodigydoo.com/ImageStorage/memes/linus-meme-6.jpg
Some Threads You Should Get involved in: Linus and Slick Memes     Youtubers on the LTT Forum      The List of Tech YouTubers (Contribute!)      Disable AdBlock for Linus (Guide)

What you need is an IPS panel.

I dont' know Australian prices, so sorry if they are over your budget, but the following should be arround it:

-> ASUS PB238Q - 6-bit IPS panel, 1920x1080. Fully adjustable stand. Has: HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI and VGA. Non glossy, so that you can focus on your work and gaming. It's a very well reviewed monitor.

-> Dell U2312HM - 6-bit eIPS panel, 1920x1080. It's very simialr to the ASUS one. fully adjustabel stand, non glossy. Also, very well reviewed monitor. As input it has: DisplayPort, DVI and VGA.

What you really need is a true 8-bit IPS panel, but those are for sure outside your budget (see Dell U2413, U2410, and ASUS PA248Q - all are 16:10 aspect ratio, so: 1920x1200. They are also factory color calibrated sRGB and Adoeb RGB with report... not the best color calibration for sure... but you are not doing color critical work, and its better than nothing).