Help! Windows 10 won't update to 1903

Buddhaz_Priest

Well... It looks like Windows has now told me that I am able to update to 1903 right in the settings menu. I'm attempting to update it right now through the update & security tab in settings. Wish me luck, going in raw.

On 6/26/2019 at 7:19 AM, 1pezza said:

Well... after clean installing windows 1903 on a new hard drive i did some testing on my old windows install. I uninstalled 5 batches of software at a time until i found what was causing the issue. Drivecrypt. My hard drive isn't encrypted, it was simply the software being installed which was blocking the build updates.

You're like the fourth person that has said it was caused by something called drivecrypt for them. I unfortunately don't appear to have that on my system. I wish it was that easy.

It's not just DriveCrypt that can cause such issues. Other culprits include anti-virus software, so if you have installed any, make sure it's updated to the latest version (ie, the program files, not the database updates), or uninstall it and use the vendor supplied uninstall tool to clear any remnants.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to Necro this thread but, I finally wiped my system and installed Windows 10, my computer got a 0d fault code when I put in the USB and had to even clear CMOS to get my system to pay and install Windows. Then Windows somehow ceased to exist when I restarted my computer and I had to install it again (still don't know what happened there. I tried everything it's as if my ssd just formatted itself on restart. . . Wtf.)

Anyway, I am now finally on 1903, and able to install the Xbox game pass app. Which is cool. Except now for seemingly no reason my Xbox wireless adapter will not connect to any controller at all. And I've tried every single certain if the driver software available from Microsoft's servers (the stupid ones you have to use IE for even.) So I'm back to using a cord with it like some sort of . . .  commoner. 

But hey, Gears 5 kicks ass.