[SOLVED] Need help with a couple W10 things.

ScreamSlasher5X

I downloaded W10 for the first time and I was hoping someone could help answer a few questions. 1) Can I make the task bar icons larger? I'm struggling to see them. If so, how? 2) How do I prolong Windows updates? I'd like to stick it on the max of 30 days. 3) Can I change how the files system works? See picture. I don't like the format of days and I'd like to remove it all together if possible.

rswthdsfhgrseth.png

10 minutes ago, ScreamSlasher5X said:

1) Can I make the task bar icons larger? I'm struggling to see them. If so, how?

This is assuming you already have the "Use small taskbar buttons" unchecked in Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar.

Yes, but not independently from the rest of the UI. The way you could do it is by increasing the UI scaling.

2) How do I prolong Windows updates? I'd like to stick it on the max of 30 days.

If you're one Windows Pro or Enterprise, you can select to automatically defer updates in Settings. If you're on Windows 10 Home 1903 or later, you can only delay them for 7 days before it bugs you again, at which point you have to delay it again.

3) Can I change how the files system works? See picture. I don't like the format of days andI'd like to remove it all together if possible.

Change the sorting method by right clicking somewhere empty and choosing something in the "Sort by" submenu. If you want it by date still, then the only workaround may be to use a different download save location (I haven't played with that folder because I don't use it)

1) Can I make the task bar icons larger? I'm struggling to see them. If so, how?

taskbar settings

image.png.f0967baa9153c48807de39825bc1dc75.png

or (display settings)

image.png.3e799ab01ae3fcea514618afdff54678.png

2) How do I prolong Windows updates? I'd like to stick it on the max of 30 days.

Updates options:

image.png.54b1dd7f09cd54cba5e0d51d71b6aede.png

3) Can I change how the files system works? 

Righ click in the folder > view > select prefered listing.

image.png.672619f0705cdace6573a346a32f9f00.png

Or click VIEW tabs

image.png.4e336ea55c62b781c261fbfb1f4cafff.png

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

@SupaKomputa @Mira Yurizaki  Number one and two I've tried. I guess I cannot scale the UI icons only? When scaling it scales the whole screen so to speak which wouldn't* be great for gaming. As for the date in the file I tried that and it didn't remove it regardless of what I chose. For the postponing I have home so guess I'll have to delay every seven days if I want to do it for whatever reason. Cheers.

3 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Scaling applies to the entire UI.

@Mira Yurizaki It was scaling my browser as well though? It says it scales apps. That would affect my games, no?

Just now, ScreamSlasher5X said:

@Mira Yurizaki It was scaling my browser as well though? It says it scales apps. That would affect my games, no?

Yes and no. If you're running in Windowed or Fullscreen Borderless, it can be affected by UI scaling. If it's in exclusive fullscreen then UI scaling doesn't affect it.

1 minute ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Yes and no. If you're running in Windowed or Fullscreen Borderless, it can be affected by UI scaling. If it's in exclusive fullscreen then UI scaling doesn't affect it.

Noted