p45 neo-f (ms-7519) motherboard whats the best cpu?

hi this might be a litle dumb i have a realy old gaming pc but want to upgrade my cpu i curently have a intel core 2 dup p8400 so thanks if any one can help me.

1 minute ago, broke pc gamer said:

hi this might be a litle dumb i have a realy old gaming pc but want to upgrade my cpu i curently have a intel core 2 dup p8400 so thanks if any one can help me.

The max cpu supported by that mobo would be an Intel Core 2 Extreme

like this....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Core-2-Extreme-QX6850-3GHz-Quad-Core-HH80562XJ0808M-Processor-/223511381531

your best bet is just to save your money for a new pc. It’s easy to buy a prebuilt hp or dell tower and turn it into a gaming pc for cheap, plus it would be better than what you have.

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin

1 minute ago, broke pc gamer said:

thank you star_pilot475

Happy to help! Feel free to message me for help with anything else. @broke pc gamer

The fastest cpu for that board would be the Q9650 or QX9650. The QX6850 is a older slower CPU with a much higher TDP.

I would pass on any core 2 extreme with that board. The much higher TDP would not end well with the VRMs on that board.

Just now, Mr. horse said:

The fastest cpu for that board would be the Q9650 or QX9650. The QX6850 is a older slower CPU with a much higher TDP.

I agree, just trying to give him an idea of what the core 2 extreme looks like. 

1 minute ago, star_pilot475 said:

I agree, just trying to give him an idea of what the core 2 extreme looks like. 

That board would not play well with an extreme. It has a weak VRM with not heatsinks. Not only that but they are no faster then a none extreme core2.

1 minute ago, Mr. horse said:

That board would not play well with an extreme. It has a weak VRM with not heatsinks. Not only that but they are no faster then a none extreme core2.

Yeah, that's why I recommending saving for a new pc. Putting an extreme in that old board could result in fires. ?

41 minutes ago, star_pilot475 said:

Yeah, that's why I recommending saving for a new pc. Putting an extreme in that old board could result in fires. ?

But a normal core 2 quad would be fine and a cheap upgrade.