regedit not saving changes

Proprietary

I am trying to set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/Windows NT/CurrentVersion /CurrentVersion from 6.3 to 6.2. The value resets, however, everytime I reboot. This is my own PC and permission is set to "full control" for every user

I know nothing about registry editing but just looking at the "directory", it seems like you're trying to downgrade the kernel (NT's a kernel, right?).

Why are you trying to do this, anyway?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Some fields in the registry are designed for programs to get system information, you have a few places like this in the registry.

You cannot change these values. At every startup, Windows will write/update them.

Microsoft does those for programs to get small information related to the system, without having to fully implement WMI to do a silly query like getting the OS version.

16 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Why are you trying to do this, anyway?

My win10 can't change bluetooth volume and some tutorials recommended doing this.

16 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

You cannot change these values

but some people recommended changing the version number and it seemed to work for them?

3 minutes ago, Proprietary said:

My win10 can't change bluetooth volume and some tutorials recommended doing this.

but some people recommended changing the version number and it seemed to work for them?

Yeah I think it's something with the kernel. Don't mess with that if you don't know what you're doing.

There's got to be other solutions to this, but I don't know of any. Maybe open a new thread with this question?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈