Looking for pinout: be quiet Straight Power 11 650 Watt

Knusperfisch

Hey guys,

as the title says I'm currently looking for a pinout for the straight power 11. could get one for 85€ new, which is a good deal in my opinion and I plan on custom sleeving it. Searched various forums but couldn't find anything.

Someone here to help me out?

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

wait... 600w? do you mean 650?

Yes, edited. My fault, sorry.

3 minutes ago, Knusperfisch said:

Yes, edited. My fault, sorry.

I can't find anything either

and since there is no FSP reference design for it (that i'm aware of), i can't see it via there

asked be quiet themselves?

5 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

asked be quiet themselves?

I've never had a be quiet product so I don't know how friendly their customer support is. Do other brands share their pinout?

If not I'm just gonna order one, because of the great deal and I'm in need for a fully modular power supply, since I plan on watercooling in the Fractal Design Define Mini C and I need all the space I can get with custom cables.

1 minute ago, Knusperfisch said:

I've never had a be quiet product so I don't know how friendly their customer support is. Do other brands share their pinout?

If not I'm just gonna order one, because of the great deal and I'm in need for a fully modular power supply, since I plan on watercooling in the Fractal Design Define Mini C and I need all the space I can get with custom cables.

you can at least try... who knows

I can directly get them from corsair, but not from be quiet

9 hours ago, Knusperfisch said:

Hey guys,

as the title says I'm currently looking for a pinout for the straight power 11. could get one for 85€ new, which is a good deal in my opinion and I plan on custom sleeving it. Searched various forums but couldn't find anything.

Someone here to help me out?

Have you looked at the Manual, Last Page(s)?

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

No idea, if they will give you the pinout, but usually their support is pretty helpful, at least here in Germany. 

Maybe it helps: https://www.modders-inc.com/power-supply-pinout-repository/2/ there are some pinouts, maybe its identical to the powerzone PSU. 

edit: had a look at the back of a straight power PSU, looks the same as a powerzone.

Had a look in the manual, there is no pinout for the PSU, but I have a Powerzone PSU and not a straight power. 

If both doesn´t work, you can start at the 24 pin ATX and go back to the PSU. 

The be quiet PSU have really weird cables, if you really want to have perfection, I´d not go for a be quiet unit. Their 24pin ATX splits into two connectors at the end, 1x8 and 1x20 pin. The cables cross each other and four cables do merge together. You´ll always have a mess with the cables at the end. Included a photo of my first try, I redid the whole thing later with a set of new cables. 

cables.png.b27b473326cf6cf433ea9303af913b57.png

4 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Have you looked at the Manual, Last Page(s)?

Yes, no pinout to be found there.

4 hours ago, Dessy said:

No idea, if they will give you the pinout, but usually their support is pretty helpful, at least here in Germany. 

Maybe it helps: https://www.modders-inc.com/power-supply-pinout-repository/2/ there are some pinouts, maybe its identical to the powerzone PSU. 

edit: had a look at the back of a straight power PSU, looks the same as a powerzone.

Had a look in the manual, there is no pinout for the PSU, but I have a Powerzone PSU and not a straight power. 

If both doesn´t work, you can start at the 24 pin ATX and go back to the PSU. 

The be quiet PSU have really weird cables, if you really want to have perfection, I´d not go for a be quiet unit. Their 24pin ATX splits into two connectors at the end, 1x8 and 1x20 pin. The cables cross each other and four cables do merge together. You´ll always have a mess with the cables at the end. Included a photo of my first try, I redid the whole thing later with a set of new cables. 

cables.png.b27b473326cf6cf433ea9303af913b57.png

First of all, thanks for the share.

Since I'm also from Germany I tried to reach out to the support yesterday so I'm going wait for their respond. Maybe I'm lucky. If'll get a pinout I'll post it here.

Also about the merging cables, I've found something about Corsair PSUs which could also be true for the be quiet PSUs.

Here is a link to the post: https://hardforum.com/threads/corsair-sf600-600w-sfx-powersupply.1864645/page-13

Quote:

" The 24-pin of the Type 4 cable set also has a unique feature not implemented in the standard Type 3 cables. There are a total of 28-pins where the cable plugs into the PSU's modular interface, instead of the usual 24-pins. The extra four pins are "sense wires". While a +3.3V sense is part of the ATX standard and is found on most PSUs, it is not often implemented. The RMi not only utilizes the +3.3V sense on the ATX connector, but also utilizes an additional +12V sense and +5V sense. These sense wires read the voltages at the load (the end of the cable) and can increase voltage automatically if voltages drop. "

Since I'm still waiting for my PSU to be shipped I can't really play around or create my own pinout.

But as soon as I have it here I'll update you guys.

I also found a video about the Straight Power 11 where the guy shows the 24 Pin connector on both sides. I'll link the video here if anyone is interested:

Also: Here's a screenshot of the 24-pin for lazy people: 422867206_Straightpower11.PNG.c1db05f337e64d3eb13dcac13b6f8c18.PNG

On the picture you can clearly see the mentioned 8 and 20 pin connector, the quote from Corsair might be true for be quiet as well. I sleeved two 24pin cables and I noticed the pins were not 100% the same, seems to me you can mix up the different lines as long as you stay in the same voltage category. 

Wish you good luck with your sleeving work, can you post a picture of the finished cables? (expecially interested how you´ll do the 24pin)

Since I'm also from Germany I tried to reach out to the support yesterday so I'm going wait for their respond. Maybe I'm lucky. If'll get a pinout I'll post it here.

Or you could do something unheard of in recent days, wich most PSU companys don't allow but was common back in the days...

Just call them. On this ancient device called Telephone ;)

Also about the merging cables, I've found something about Corsair PSUs which could also be true for the be quiet PSUs.

be quiet has 2 double used pins per PCIe Cable IIRC and also some ATX.

For the "Sense" Wires you might get away with some lower diametre cables as they are only for measuring the Voltage at the Connector.

Since I'm still waiting for my PSU to be shipped I can't really play around or create my own pinout.

But as soon as I have it here I'll update you guys.

Here you can see the Pinout for PCIe, S-ATA and CPU.

Yellow= +12V

Black = GND

Red = +5V

Orange = 3,3V

I'd assume that the MB Cable could be the same as the Power Zone, wich you can see here:

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/beQuiet/PowerZone_850W/3.html

1 hour ago, Stefan Payne said:

Or you could do something unheard of in recent days, wich most PSU companys don't allow but was common back in the days...

Just call them. On this ancient device called Telephone ;)

There's an holiday today in Germany, so there's no one working for today :)

7 hours ago, Dessy said:

Wish you good luck with your sleeving work, can you post a picture of the finished cables? (expecially interested how you´ll do the 24pin)

I'll update this post with a pinout and with pictures of my work, but it could take a while since it's my first attempt but I want them to look perfect.

Still need to decide which color scheme I'm going to use though.

Just now, Knusperfisch said:

There's an holiday today in Germany, so there's no one working for today :)

Himmelfahrt :P

Yeah, I know about that ^^

Himmelfahrt? Vatertag!

I can confirm, some cables have a smaller diameter then others. 

Sorry for the late reply, but I finally received the power supply in the mail and created the pinout for it.

The marked pins are the smaller diameter wires and the ones who are only marked half have a normal cable and a smaller diameter one.

Pin 1 and 11 mainboard side has 2 smaller diameter wires in it.

Maybe this helps someone.

NOTE: I'm not responsible for damaged components. Use this pinout on your own risk.

rework.thumb.PNG.c0ded0774e7232a4e19e22f28be5ef22.PNG