Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Remikp04

Ryzen 5 1600 underperforming

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Well, this started with me getting bad FPS in Overwatch but after I ran Cinebench, I found out I randomly lost like 200 points. From 1265, to 1084. Thought it was my OC, but non-OC score went from 1132 to 961. I have no idea why. I have a Asus B350 Prime Plus motherboard, gtx 1080 SC from EVGA and 2x4gb of 2800MHZ DDR4 ram running in dual channel. Please help.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

What overclock?

 

With what settings?

3.8Ghz @ 1.35V, however the problem persists when I have everything set to default. 3.2Ghz @ 1.275V.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Remikp04 said:

3.8Ghz @ 1.35V, however the problem persists when I have everything set to default. 3.2Ghz @ 1.275V.

Could be powerthrottling........ Like that board isnt great.

 

Try just canceling the OC and return to stock. See if it persists

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Could be powerthrottling........ Like that board isnt great.

 

Try just canceling the OC and return to stock. See if it persists

I already did cancel to stock, I said that twice xD. Either way I went on a program and a parking index or something like that was at 0% instead of 100%. Only 50points off original cinebench score now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Remikp04 said:

I already did cancel to stock, I said that twice xD. Either way I went on a program and a parking index or something like that was at 0% instead of 100%. Only 50points off original cinebench score now.

All i could see is setting the voltage a clocks to 3,2. 

 

You could also try resetting BIOS settings. 

 

Again it could be powerthrottling. That board isnt great. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Could be powerthrottling........ Like that board isnt great.

 

Try just canceling the OC and return to stock. See if it persists

However I now get bad stuttering in Overwatch.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whats your cooler?


MAIN PC

Spoiler

Case: Thermaltake Core G21, CPU: i7 960 @ 3.8ghz, CPU Cooler: Captain 240ex red ewaste, Power supply: 600w seasonic 80+ gold, Motherboard: GA-X58-USB3, GPU: R9 Fury X (XFX) Ram: 4x4gb ddr3 1600mhz, HDD: WD blue 1 TB, SSD: Kingston A400 240gb

Laptop

Spoiler

HP Elitebook 8540p (Needs new battery) Core i7 620 6gb 1066 ram

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It may be thermal throttling


MAIN PC

Spoiler

Case: Thermaltake Core G21, CPU: i7 960 @ 3.8ghz, CPU Cooler: Captain 240ex red ewaste, Power supply: 600w seasonic 80+ gold, Motherboard: GA-X58-USB3, GPU: R9 Fury X (XFX) Ram: 4x4gb ddr3 1600mhz, HDD: WD blue 1 TB, SSD: Kingston A400 240gb

Laptop

Spoiler

HP Elitebook 8540p (Needs new battery) Core i7 620 6gb 1066 ram

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, GoldenLag said:

All i could see is setting the voltage a clocks to 3,2. 

 

You could also try resetting BIOS settings. 

 

Again it could be powerthrottling. That board isnt great. 

Ok I'll try

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Terabyte_272 said:

It may be thermal throttling

Original and it's not, when doing test was at like 55 degrees C.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Remikp04 said:

Ok I'll try

As in resetting to stock everything.

 

 

Dont set voltage to 3,2. I dont thinknits possible even

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
7 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

All i could see is setting the voltage a clocks to 3,2. 

 

You could also try resetting BIOS settings. 

 

Again it could be powerthrottling. That board isnt great. 

resetting bios did it. Only 10 points off now which could be anything, isnt really important. Thanks for the help :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, GoldenLag said:

As in resetting to stock everything.

 

 

Dont set voltage to 3,2. I dont thinknits possible even

voltage was never at 3.2 it's at 1.35, the clock was at 3.2, now 3.8 overclocked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
7 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

As in resetting to stock everything.

 

 

Dont set voltage to 3,2. I dont thinknits possible even

I have another issue. In overwatch, its not reaching FPS cap like a normal ryzen 5 1600 would, it's only using 20% while a normal one uses ~30%. Why do I have such low CPU usage?

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Remikp04 said:

I have another issue. In overwatch, its not reaching FPS cap like a normal ryzen 5 1600 would, it's only using 20% while a normal one uses ~30%. Why do I have such low CPU usage?

Low CPU usage because its not using all the cores.

 

Now when it comes to FPS i wouldnt know

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×